I have a degree in Social Communications with emphasis in advertising and audio-visual media. I have also recently finished a postgraduate degree in Cultural Management, which has allowed me to learn about management, planning and project development within the cultural industry.
• One-month contract working on website design and the creation and development of info-graphics for a conference on governance in family-owned businesses.
• Managed the subscriptions to the National Museum of Colombia. • Managed the Museum’s shop, achieving increased sales in a difficult economic environment by sourcing new products and enhancing store merchandising. • Managed the process for the makeover of the Association's corporate image. • Developed programmes which led to an increase of 250% in memberships to the Museum in a period of one year. • Increased of 50% the range of benefits available to members by creating partnerships with organisation wishing to support the Museum's activities. • Managed the fund-raising event Les Arts Florissants, the main fund-raising event for the National Museum in 2014 • Developed the Association’s social-network strategy and created and managed its presence in such networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). • Managed the creation of the book celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Association.
• Prepared a weekly newsletter in German and Spanish for interested parties, which was delivered by email and social media. • Was responsible for the photographic coverage of the Embassy’s events and the editing of such photographs for publication. • Design of presentations and publications of the Embassy’s different work groups. • Design of a Handbook on Berlin to be distributed to high-level Colombian visitors to the city. • Contributed to the planning of the annual programme of cultural events for the Embassy, and managed those events.
• Design the corporate image for this legal start-up.
• Was responsible for the recording and video editing of the Bogota Fashion Week, in a programme directed at supporting the advancement of small businesses in the fashion industry.
My thesis, consisted in the creation of a project to raise collective awareness of historical memory in my home country, Colombia. My country is undergoing a peace process aiming to end our unfortunate history of violence, which has extended for decades, and I am sure that the only way to achieve a lasting peace, the reparation for victims, and the reconciliation of the different parts of society is by doing the historical exercise of acknowledging the crimes and the roots of the conflict. I proposed to do this through the arts, specifically by planning the audio-visual projection of on public spaces frequented by high-income urban residents, who are often removed from the violence which tends to concentrate in the countryside.