My passion is to create experiences that make a positive impact on the world through design, illustration, character and storytelling. I try to design with feeling and empathy, and most importantly humour, and I’m fascinated with the power of character as a way to inspire and delight. Currently Creative Director at Kama. Previously Head of Design at Headspace 2011-2018
- The New Headspace 2018With a plethora of new guided meditations, one of the main objectives for the third iteration of the Headspace app was to figure out how we represent all the content in an engaging way that felt approachable, meaningful and fresh. We worked with https://nexusstudios.com/ to initiate a systematic illustration language that provided the overall Art Direction for the new app experience.
- Headspace Animations 2018Since Headspace’s inception, animations have been instrumental in talking about fairly abstract ideas and troubling thoughts in a friendly, down-to-earth way. Animation is such an integral part of the Headspace experience, so along with the new app we created a (rather large!) number of new animations with https://nexusstudios.com/ to support people through their journey. This is just a sampler!
- Headspace Rebrand 2012After the successful launch of the first product release in 2012, I worked to create a new design aesthetic which included a new logo, illustration style, photography direction and new app design. I was also heavily involved with storyboarding, directing and illustrating the animations which are an integral part of the Headspace experience.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Live Events + Blog Pages on the Kama WebsiteOur incredible Creative Director, Anna Charity, designed the beautiful Kama Events page and Blog for our website. We are a tiny team of 8 people but have been lucky enough to work with such amazing talents in product building, digital design, article writing, and graphic illustration – and we're always looking for more people to collaborate with! Please check out the results of hard work and creative discussions. All our events are hosted with love and our articles are always written with inclus17
- Creation and Launch of the Kama AppKama is a sexual wellness practice focused on the science-backed idea that Pleasure is Health. We want to help people of all ages, genders, and sexualities make sexual satisfaction a part of their everyday lives by connecting their mind, body, and heart. Visit kama.co to learn more.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Animation Direction