Anna-Mhairi is a visual artist based in Liverpool and Birmingham who creates short documentary films, social media campaigns, and live music photography. Having recently obtained a First Class Honours Degree in Filmmaking and Creative Technology, she is now focusing on building her portfolio and network. Though her work is varied, she is particularly interested in LGBT identity, feminism, and offering platforms to those who might otherwise be excluded. Anna-Mhairi’s most recent project Queer Women in Art (2021) is an art-inspired documentary that looks at the work of queer femme-identifying artists. The piece investigates each artist separately while finding a common ground between each artist and their experiences through interviewing female creatives from varied disciplines and backgrounds. Queer Women in Art has won the Liverpool Annual Media Award’s prize for best documentary of 2021. The project has gained a lot of praise and traction being regarded as an “intimate and wonderfully aesthetic look into young queer women’s work and industry experiences”.
- Liverpool at night / 35mm Film (2019)After finding a £5 35mm film camera in a local charity shop, I made it my mission to capture places around Liverpool that I felt were hidden or special to myself. Due to my camera being such an affordable and cheap find I was the oblivious to the lack of flash. Thus creating such muted and low in contrast images. However, I adore these photos as they show how calming and peaceful the evening around Liverpool really was.
- Digital Collage (2019)While primarily using Adobe Premiere Pro for my university course and personal projects, I also wanted to attempt working with Adobe Photoshop. Here are a collection of collages I made in an attempt to better my understanding of the software. - images included are taken from various collage kits from www.rookiemag.com/tag/collage-kit/
Office AdministratorTrearddur Trades and Services
Sedgley, Dudley DY3 1NT, UKPart Time
• Providing personal assistant support to the company’s director. • Handling outgoing and incoming emails, telephone calls and any client queries. • Recognised by CEO for coordinating and facilitating follow-up sessions with potential clients.
Fashion ModelLondon Vidal Sassoon Academy
Liverpool, United KingdomPart Time
• Selected to represent the prestigious Liverpool Vidal Sassoon branch in the Academy’s International Soiree in London. • Acted on photo shoots in Sassoon’s London, Liverpool and Manchester locations. • Utilised scheduling skills and time management to meet intense deadlines for styling and runway appearances.
+ Show more
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
- Film Editing
- Deadline Driven
- Social Media Management
- Graphic Design
Creative Technologies and PerformanceThe Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts
- Liverpool, United Kingdom
Graduated with Bachelor of Arts with Hounours, Class I
+ Show more