A young experienced graduate and passionate about art, currently looking for an assistant exhibition and gallery role in London. Through my recent work experience, I have honed my ability to manage and coordinate an art studio, ability to work under pressure, problem solving, decision making, self-motivation and high level communication skills.
Projects credited in
- Installation at Tate BritainFollowing the success of her workshop and skull art installation at Tate Modern (Jul 12), Baker was invited by Tate Britain to host a large-scale workshop and installation. For Tate Britain, Baker’s reinterpretation of the famous painting: Milias’ 1985 ‘Ophelia’, involved her making a 6-ft infinity-mirror coffin and an embellished ‘Ophelia’ skeleton. Baker filled a large room at Tate Britain with foliage and invited participants to enter a forest scene and use stones, twigs and bones to create e3
- Curator and Ambassador for Save Wild TigersThrive… An inspirational art exhibition with a vision. Twenty contemporary artists produced a diverse array of tiger inspired artworks, curated by Lauren Baker, exhibited at the Sanderson, London and then auctioned in aid of SAVE WILD TIGERS at the Mango Tree tiger dinner, London. We are delighted to announce that the project raised approximately £62K. All funds go to the Born Free Foundation and the Environmental Investigation Agency. Lauren Baker's artwork has raised over £50K for charity and she continues to work towards saving endangered animals and highlighting deforestation issues.
- Kinetica art fair x crown communications: 10 year anniversary exhibition of lightWe were delighted to support ground ground-breaking new art media fair Kinetica with their 10 year anniversary exhibition. We’ve long been fans and it’s a rich source of inspiration, showcasing pioneering performative, live performance and media art installations. Following on from this we collaborated on a month long exhibition, at our Soho office, showcasing the works of three artists featured at the 10th anniversary show.7
Art Studio Supervisor & Stock ManagerLauren Baker Art
London, United KingdomFull Time
- Catalogue artworks and maintain the inventory to a high standard. - Database uploads and organisation; - Artwork handling, creation and packaging to and from clients and suppliers; - Client and gallery liaison. Maintaining a good relationship with all clients, galleries and suppliers; - Assisting with the organisation of all shipping and logistics with the Studio Manager; - Website updates and maintenance; - Creating design materials for the gallery and social media content; - Assisting in the planning and management of events with external galleries; - Representing the artist to a high standard at all times; - Pushing sales through good knowledge of the artist, the artworks and the stock.
Art Restoration & Conservator InternNational Museum of Catalunya (MNAC)
- Barcelona, SpainInternship
- Taking care of the shipments and assisting with the display of objects for permanent and temporary exhibitions at the museum. - Responsibility for documenting the paintings state of conservation and all the interventions carried out during the process of restoration. - Assisting and supervising “William Morris - Arts and Craft” exhibition in Barcelona. - Experience as an art handler and maintenance of artworks.
+ Show more
- Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Art Promotion
- Project Management
- Creative Direction
- Production Design
- Cultural Heritage