Within my own creative practice I like to explore the relationship between image and layout, with a focus on linear structures and layering of image. I am drawn to exploring how typographic elements can be utilised and manipulated to communicate an illustrative quality. I enjoy experimenting with image and type to create a unified, coherent composition.
- LUX* 04 Journal - DirectoryA lifestyle magazine for LUX* Resort & Hotels, distributed across their international locations. The directory supplement of the main journal differed in it's aesthetic compared to the main magazine, through its linear structure and layering of photography, creating a textural feel. The information communicated needed to be laid out in a way that was clear and easily digestible.
- Namma GIFA mid-range Indian food delivery brand. A short and snappy GIF that introduces the key photography and style of the Namma brand, as headed by & Smith. The quick run through of the photography communicates the fast-paced nature of both Indian and street food culture, and subsequently the delivery of the food, right to your door.
- Cabana Cafe GIFA short GIF that introduces the illustrative elements of a brand refresh for The Cabana Cafe, headed by & Smith, in a playful manner. Close attention to the brand signifiers has been made, with appropriate selection of the existing imagery, alongside an awareness of the colour palette.
- LUX Journal No. 4A lifestyle magazine for LUX* Resort & Hotels, distributed across their international locations. The themes and content of the articles were varied and eclectic, which is representative of the ethos of LUX* Resorts. The following examples demonstrate experimentation with imagery, typography, colour and layout in the initial stages of the magazine design.
+ Show more
Creative AssistantBlink Art
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Working as part of a close-knit team at Blink Art to support the Producers and Agents in the day to day running of the agency. Responsibilities included: - Using PR planning applications Later and Trello to curate and manage posts for social media - Utilising Mailchimp in the creation of e-newsletters - Updating the website with artists’ work - Copywriting and image selection in the creation of news stories for the Journal section of the website - Production of pitch documents for client briefs - Artists portfolio curation - Liaising with external contacts in the organisation of client meetings - Maintaining an up to date contacts list through Daylite
+ Show more
- Layout Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Typography Layout
- Editorial Layout
- Mircosoft Office