- ANKA• An on going collective of original pieces • ANKA began through the fluidity & tranquility from a simple brush stroke. No piece created is planned, but an unintended rhythm of effortless minimalism. An artist does not have to acquire the talent of accurate visualisation or depiction, my work aims to be able to adapt to its surroundings through the minimalistic tones & shapes, allowing a diverse audience to appreciate this work.
- Modern Drapers shop fit out [Mens streetwear]A second store opening for Modern Drapers streetwear side of the brand. A full fit out was required to display clothing, shoes & accessories, as well as designing a changing room area & counter. I wanted to design the fit out so it correlated with the streetwear aesthetic and also presenting it in the best way possible using the space provided. The main colour used for the store was a forest green so I decided to pair this with a clean plywood and use the forest green within powder coated stee
- Modern Drapers fit out [Digital drawings]The brief: A full shop fit out made up of exposed birch plywood to display contemporary streetwear fashion garments and accessories. All items are designed in birch plywood, to incorporate a splash of personality I designed a steel node connecter which can be applied to a number of furniture items as fixings but also used as a feature. The idea is to powder coat these nodes in one or two colours resulting in that familiar impression that the shop will hopefully be recognised by.
- NätbordIt is over a year ago now since I designed and created these two tray tables. The name "Nätbord" comes from my first speaking language, Swedish, it translates "net table". The inspiration behind these two tables were net diagrams, hence the name, the simplicity behind creating a functioning structure out of one sheet of material is the concept I wanted to have for this project. I chose Perspex due to the malleability of the material once heat is applied and the variation of textures and tones
- Wedgwood's arch garden at Chelsea flower show 2019To celebrate 260 years of Wedgwood, landscape architect Jo Thomson designed this beautiful garden installation inspired by Etruria - Josiah Wedgwood's pioneering Staffordshire factory town. He had a passion for classical architecture which you can see is portrayed beautifully through the arch and column structure. This project was unlike any work I have done in the past, I am used to working on much smaller scale project's but to engage myself in a different field of design was incredibly eye
+ View all
Furniture designerFred Rigby
London, United KingdomFreelance
-Assisting the director on researching content & creating concepts that apply to a projects brief. -Designing & drawing up furniture visuals using Rhino as our key software. -Producing detailed production drawings to send off to a number of fabricators, using a combination of Rhino, Indesign & Illustrator.
designer & design engineerBlokbuild
- Hull, United KingdomFull Time
https://www.blokbuild.com/ I work over a number of topics, my leading role is designer & draftsman. My Designing role includes Furniture, interior design & installations. My Draftsman role includes, modular housing & large scale installations. -Project coordinator in design & development, making important decisions with creative input daily. -Pitching design concepts through digital visual for client instruction, this involves working through the pricing structures, manufacturing method and deliverability in a timely manor to ensure we meet the clients expectations. -Designing for a wide range of clientele has heightened my creativity, these include: Office space, homes, shop fit outs & exhibitions. -My role as draftsman consist of creating technical engineer drawings for fabrication, precision is key within my outcome & I continuously work towards developing a clear and accurate piece of work. -Developing digital interior and exterior elevations, floor plans, section details & three dimensional visuals. Coordinating projects on top of designing requires an organised and switched on attitude at all times to ensure no sacrifice on the design or quality, allowing me to achieve the best outcome.
+ Show more
- Cad Solidworks
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Bridge
- Adobe Illustrator
- Sketchup 3D
- Wood Working
- Rhino CAD