• Assist the team with their clients and most recent campaigns. • Create media lists, compile coverage reports and clippings and draft press releases. • Update the team on the latest news or stories relevant to the client
• Daily admin tasks such as answering the office phone and forwarding onto the correct person, answering emails and making sure that everything is running smoothly in the club promotion team. • Uploading and updating the club NuMu account, which saw me writing copy for tracks that we would then send on to DJs and tastemakers around the world. • Talking to DJs and tastemakers making sure they were happy with their account and if they needed any help, for example getting their music preferences updated. • Radio plugging to gain play on top regional and nationwide radio shows; such as BBC Radio 1, BBC 6 music, Radio 1xtra, Rinse FM and XFM. • Supported other teams in the office with tasks that they needed doing; for example assisted the online PR team by researching for their weekly artist reports. I also assisted the artist managerial team by updating their artist’s social media channels, such as Twitter, Soundcloud and Facebook.
• Assisted the head of press and online accounts by perfecting their weekly reports by helping with the reports’ layout and design on Microsoft Word, helped with press clips and cuttings, and searching online for reviews, previews and features. • Organized mail-outs and assisted in the smooth running of the entire office, answering the phone and replying to more general emails that the Account Managers could not answer. • Involved in the process of drafting and editing press releases and campaigns for prospective clients. • Wrote case studies that can be seen on the Outpost website and also updated the credentials Power Points that are sent to potential new clients. • In charge of updating and editing the Account Managers’ schedules and assisted with any tasks that they needed doing before meeting with potential new clients, from buying the right supplies for the meeting to making sure the office was clean and inviting. • Created large spreadsheets on Excel that divided up the relevant information of all journalists, media channels, artists and tastemakers that would be interested in Outpost’s new clients. • Searched for and approached new artists or bands to see whether they wanted PR for their next campaign. I did this by extensively searching the Internet; Soundcloud, Twitter, blogs, also sorting through music magazines and attending gigs.
• Adaptable and flexible to do any task that I was given, such as daily admin tasks which saw me answering the phone and replying to emails that dealt with customers’ enquiries and complaints. Also required to talk to the press about Rooftop. I gained great communication skills doing my daily admin tasks. • Created effective and efficient Power Points to show to potential new sponsors what the cinema experience was about and why they should sponsor them. • I wrote film copy, which was then sent out in the weekly newsletter promoting the films that the cinema where showing. • In charge of the change over from the current ticketing system to the new one. I had to learn the new system quickly so the changeover was done efficiently and smoothly. • Created market research surveys, using Survey Monkey, which then went out to all cinema attendees. I then collected the data and created tidy Excel spreadsheets with all the data on to refer back to and to show the sponsors. • Created large spreadsheets on Excel that divided up the relevant information of all journalists and media channels that would be interested in the Rooftop experience. • Involved in the process of writing and editing press releases. • Emailed and rang people for advertising and editorial space, becoming very confident with building relationships with key journalists, bloggers and customers.
• Worked in an office environment, which was business focused. Worked with a small group of people. • Assisted with the smooth running of the label and aided whatever team needed my support and help. • Sent many emails out to journalists, bloggers, magazines, and DJs in countries where our fan base was not big enough. I wanted to encourage them to listen and write about the label and its artists. Through this I have made many contacts in America and many countries in Europe. • Became very familiar with contracts between label and artists because I helped the label manager edit and alter them. I also did the same with press releases. • Created large spreadsheets on Excel, which contained the relevant information for all major journalists, radio stations, music blogs and tastemakers so that the label managers could access information more easily and efficiently. • Involved in the process of writing and editing press releases.
Interdisciplinary degree, incorporating the study of literature, history, cultural and political studies.