Graduated from the Northern Film School, have a passion for storytelling and connecting with people by creating visuals with purpose. After working six years within the tech industry as a creative digital content creator, I’ve finally taken the plunge to enter the world of Freelance - eager to collaborate with other creatives on projects. I also DJ as a hobby, and have performed at Lost Village, had my debut on Rinse FM in July 2023, a residency at Cafe 1001, performed at Werkhaus & a seasonal radio show on the Boat Pod. IG - @sehmiskimmed
- Southall x BoilerRoom Merch - Panjab Floods & Farmers ProtestHad the pleasure of working with Boiler Room & Yung Singh in designing a T-Shirt and hoody to fundraise for the Panjabi floods and support the farmer's protest, to coincide with their Southall broadcast earlier this year. Half of the funds will go to Your Seva Org, a Sikh charity that has been doing crucial work in Panjab to support families in need, as well as supporting Panjabi Farmers in a climate of neglect, oppression & and exploitation. The other half will go to Southall Black Sisters,
- Type and DesignAfter taking the plunge to be a freelance graphic designer, I wanted to keep my creative moral up with my spare time. The first challenge I started was creating Type from doodles to fruition. I find it fun to create something without a brief and massive meaning as most of my work as a graphic designer is heavily directed through branding projects, it gives a space for my creative exploration. Enjoy!
- Taraki Short Film - What Could Go WrongHad the pleasure of working with Tarakī, a charity that supports mental health within Punjabi communities, specifically males. They produced a film and I collaborated with the founder and director and developed a coherent brand for the film. What Could Go Wrong has already won best film at the Wolverhampton Film festival so far this year.
- Noudle press shots 2022https://noudlesound.com/ Noudle is a renowned DJ that's been on the scene for just under a decade. She's worked for the likes of Defected, Boiler Room, Worldwide fm and many many more. I've had the pleasure to shoot some of her headshots and to capture her bubbly nature and style!
+ View all
London, United KingdomFull Time
Introduced to the world of Graphic Design, using the skills inherited from using after effects through filmmaking. Focused on mainly new business alongside marketing with high profile clients such as Snapchat, Experian, P&G, Body Shop etc. This role entails using software such as Adobe Illustrator, In Design, After Effects, Premier Pro and Powerpoint on a daily basis. The assets in which I produce includes, pitch decks, infographics, social gifs, social images such as podcast thumbnails, company videos, iconography etc. From this role, their are crucial skills in which I have acquired such as, understanding clients and brands, organisation with files, confidence, communication and efficiency. A recent project I've worked on is creating a company filter and social gif for celebration Snapchat's 7th Birthday.
Editor48h Film Project
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Was nominated for best editor for working on the film, David and Bathsheba, for the 48h Film Project and had the pleasure of shooting it at Pinewood Studios. This required us to plan, film, edit, sound design and colour-grade within 2 days. We were given a genre, a character, a line and 2 props which had to be incorporated within the film. I worked among great professionals under immensely high time pressures and could keep organised and deliver necessary results as an editor. As a result of David and Bathsheba winning best film, it is going to be screened at Filmapalooza in Cannes.
+ Show more
- Adobe After Effects
- Davinci Resolve
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
BA FilmmakingNorthern Film School
- Leeds, United Kingdom
Studying film-making at the Northern Film School has allowed me to develop basic skills in all aspects of cinema. This included sound, editing, production management, directing, cinematography and art direction. Through specific projects from University I have had the chance to develop team working as well as personal skills. From these workshops I have a good level of understanding on the process of developing a film. My interest for editing lead me to further my knowledge within this specialism in 2nd year and 3rd year, allowing me to practice and develop a variation of post-production skills in creating films within the course.