Writing on electronic music, culture, and sustainability. I'm a UK-based writer and arts marketer with a background in promoting festivals, theatre, and literary projects. Bylines in Mixmag, MIC, Dazed, DJ Mag, CLASH, and The Skinny. Past communications clients include Beltane Fire Festival, Kelburn Garden Party, The Edinburgh Festival of Sound, and Trotwork Events. - Feature and short-form writing - Copywriting (web pages, newsletters, social media) - SEO writing - Social media strategy - Multimedia content production
- The guerilla gardeners of TikTokWhen green space became essential during the pandemic, these intrepid gardeners realised there wasn't enough of it. An investigation into the guerilla gardening community on TikTok, featuring interviews with Ellen Miles (Dream Green/Nature Is A Human Right), Shalaco and Phoenix Jungwirth (SF In Bloom) and Alaina Wood (EcoTok) about biodiversity, nature deprivation and grassroots climate action.
- Drum & bass is finally addressing its diversity problemLabels, promoters, and artists across drum & bass are joining the music industry's fight to equalise opportunities for women and people of colour. I spoke to major players in the scene - DJs Mantra, Sweetpea, and Flight of EQ50, Nikki Ellis of Hospital Records, and DJ BCee of Spearhead Records - about why drum & bass today struggles with gender and race, and what can be done to diversify lineups and crowds.
- Bee Asha Singh on Spit It Out: 'It started off as something that could use all of our creative outlets to deal with our separate traumas'I spoke to Scottish rapper Bee Asha Singh and film director Léa Luiz de Oliveira about the BBC Scotland documentary Spit It Out, which follows Bee's mental health struggles and recovery following a sexual assault.
+ View all
Artist & Media AdministratorKelburn Garden Party
Edinburgh, United KingdomFreelance
Content strategy for community building on social media channels to help sell tickets to annual music festival. Assist in liaising with over 100 artists to acquire biography information. Add artists details to WordPress website and contact details for database. Create social strategy to promote festival to families.
Junior SEO WriterNetmums
- Edinburgh, United KingdomFull Time
Writing SEO articles and galleries covering women's health, parenting and lifestyle. Proofing and re-optimising old articles to improve site's SEO. Using tools like YourText.Guru, Ahrefs and Google Search Console to plan keyword targets and new SEO content.
+ Show more
- Social Strategy
- Feature Writing
- CMS Websites
- E-marketing Campaigns
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
- Press Relations
JournalismEdinburgh Napier University
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Received a Distinction and the University class medal for Journalism MA. Highlights include producing a magazine about gynaecological health and reproductive justice for final project, TV production and AVID software training, media law and news writing.