You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Since my conscious memory began, music has been an impassioned part of my life. Having started working life as a journalist the opportunity to judge the ITV London best unsigned band competition, with the prize of a slot on Wireless Festival, unexpectedly turned my road towards the music industry. Almost ten years on I have spent the majority of my time as an international booking agent working in some of the most reputed agencies in the world, as well as running my own. In this time I have honed my skills in networking, negotiation, organisation, multitasking, logistics, planning and strategy as well as its implementation, teamwork and relationship management; all essential with a roster of up to 58 artists at one time. Needless to say after all this time I have very strong relationships with a large range of international venues, agents, promoters, managers, labels, PRs, TV & radio pluggers, journalists and people in all facets of the industry. Being a people person and a highly effective communicator, I find building relationships and networking comes as second nature, hence an extensive and healthy address book. Whilst many people would see booking agent and see the basics of booking a tour, the depths of the job are now cavernous. Through my work I have developed my skills in marketing and advertising to grow an artist’s brand, as well growing my expertise in all elements of event production and management, from the ideas stages through to execution.
• Scouting for new artists, which includes attending gigs on a regular basis. • Pitching to artists to acquire them as clients. • Booking tours, private events and festivals internationally for my roster of artists. • Negotiating deals with bookers/promoters in the interest of my artists. • Managing artist’s diaries and providing regularly to artist managers. • Contracting all artists shows • Using knowledge and market data to implement strong, personally tailored live strategies for each artist to develop their business worldwide. • Developing strong working relationships with artist managers, labels, PR's and venues. • Building new relationships with promoters and venues worldwide, as well as nurturing existing ones. • Connecting artists with opportunities with brands and new technology e.g. Monster, Dr.Martens, Jägermeister, Strongbow, OnePiece, Red Bull, Music Metric, Spotify, Y Plan, Samsung and of course Jack Daniels. • Working alongside team members to successfully implement tour announcements and marketing strategies using social media, YouTube, and other innovative social platforms and technologies. • Deciding where tours will be advertised to most effectively reach the artists target audience. This includes TV, Magazine, Radio and Digital advertising. • Representing the company at key industry events. • Contributing to weekly team meetings. • Full accounting for all artists including monthly projections and band settlements. • Artists on my roster include Deaf Havana, Beartooth, Watsky, & Suicide Silence • Mentoring younger agents within the company
• Booking tours, private events and festivals internationally for my roster of 46 artists. • Day-to-day management of my assistant including appraisals. • Artists on my roster included Bastille, Deaf Havana, Beartooth, Watsky, Memphis May Fire & Suicide Silence
• Booking tours, private events and festivals internationally for my own roster as well as artists on more senior agents rosters. • Developing strong working relationships with artist managers and developing touring strategies. • Building new relationships with promoters worldwide, as well as nurturing existing ones. • Representing the company at key industry events. • Day-to-day management of my assistant including appraisals. • Contributing to weekly team meetings. • Basic accounts including monthly projections and band settlements. • Scouting for new acts. • Artists on my roster at this time included Ice T, White Denim, Stereo MC’s, Jessie J, Bastille, and Everything Everything
• Set-up and ran the agency independently. • Managed and mentored a small team of freelance agents, assistants and interns. • Booking tours and festivals for my roster internationally. • Developing strong working relationships with artist managers and developing touring strategies. • Carried out all contracting and day-to-day admin including work permits. • Dealt with all the company’s accounts. • Scouting for new acts. • Building new relationships with promoters, management and artists, as well as nurturing existing ones. • Representing and building awareness of the company by attending industry events. • Acts on my roster at this time included – Bastille, Fight Like Apes, Official Secrets Act, Envelopes, Die!Die!Die! and S.C.U.M
• Editing video clips and sending to clients worldwide including NBC & TVNZ. • Forward planning for up and coming major news events. • Liaison with all major departments within ITN. • Arranging live interviews, satellite truck feeds and live spots for clients such as CNN and Channel 9 Australia. • Transcribing live breaking news feeds and ITN and Channel 4 news live to allow clients to select required footage. • Producing interviews for the ITV network channel