Hello! Officially I am an event producer and social media marketer....but in actuality, I am a women of many passions and skills. I have a wide-ranging passion for music events, festivals, journalism, and arts or cultural institutions; passions which have led me into working on my own and others event projects since I was just 17 when Facebook didn't even have an event function yet! Since these early days I have developed and honed my event management skills and my love for social media and communication. Ultimately I enjoy connecting with audiences and bringing them together in immersive and engaging spaces. As a result I attend as many festivals, exhibitions, immersive shows and interesting installations as I can...enjoying art that involves bodies not just eyes. I have coordinated my own immersive event space at Secret Garden Party and Shambala back in 2012 with our adult 'Playpen' venue, and plan to do more in the future. I also dabble in journalistic writing, with event reviews and artist interviews, and am a competent copywriter and content creator. I have 7+ years of experience in curating, marketing and delivering events ranging from club nights, outdoor live music events, rooftop parties, venue launches, branded events, charity fundraisers, and creative workshops from projection to completion. I have direct experience in running events from 20 - 3000pax and handling budgets up to £20,000. Programming and promoting events in busy London venues such as Queen of Hoxton and Dalston Roof Park means I have full event project and client management experience, as well as a proven track record in running multiple social media channels, helping them flourish organically and cultivating a strong brand voice and image through original, interactive content that I often produce myself. I am both creative and strategic; I am able to manage multiple projects and implement engaging marketing/social campaigns with flare and to strict deadlines.Locked Pro Plan feature
I am the founder & Director of exciting, new body-positive event series and rebel community: Anti Diet Riot Club. The project's aim is to provide a platform for campaigners, authors, professionals and artists who promote body acceptance and create a UK-based community to explore the movement and its offshoots through creative, practical and engaging events/workshops/meet-ups. Our first four events have sold out and have since featured heavily in mainstream press (Grazia, Metro, The Guardian etc). I am now taking the project to festivals including Camp Bestival, Virgo, and Meadows In The Mountains in order to spread the message of self-love and acceptance to as many people as possible. Proud to say I have successfully built the ADRC social channels to 6k+ in under 6 months, through micro-blogging on Instagram, producing and sharing original content, and advocating for marginalised bodies, mental health and body image issues.
• Festival Congress awards administration • Event ticketing administration. • Collecting and compiling content for event programmes and delegate packs. • Coordinating all Festival Congress social media activity. • Assisting with speaker liaison. • Assisting in liaising with other key parties including exhibitors, event partners, suppliers and venue representatives. • Sourcing event volunteers and coordinating them at the event • General event administration and budget maintenance • Attendance of event planning meetings in advance of the event and onsite.
• Programming and delivering the events calendar at Dalston Roof Park and The Bunker space incl. producing private/corporate functions, brand launches, wedding receptions, in-house & external club events, charity fundraisers and arts or community-focused events that helped fundraise for The Bootstrap Company or further its aims to support young people/entrepreneurs in the local community • Running all social media channels and marketing campaigns; creating unique and engaging written content, using Photoshop and videographers to create visual content, producing all internal company mail outs and external newsletters on Mailchimp • Booking of artists, structures, food vendors, sound technicians and other performers; liaising • Managing logistics of in-house events before and during events; ensuring event function sheets are compiled, necessary equipment is available and liaising with security and venue managers to ensure show runs smoothly • Handling budgets and bookkeeping; creating and collecting contracts, and managing payments using Xero • Managing the main info email account, answering customer questions, responding to event requests
• Stage managing at various day festivals in London including the Nofitstate stage at Found Festival and the Groove Odyssey stage at Ceremony Festival • Looking after artists such as Anna Schneider and Magda, making sure acts were on stage at the right times and with the right riders, and liaising with production and sound engineers to ensure all sound regulations and expectations were being met.
• Assisting with marketing, social media, and physical promotions across all Mothership’s East London venues until being promoted to work solely on their busiest and biggest venue, Queen of Hoxton, as lead Programming & Promotions Manager • Coordinating a year-round event programme; working with promoters, venue managers, PR managers and all internal/external stakeholders to ensure events were engaging, PR-worthy and profitable. From club nights to comedy to cabaret to supper clubs and fundraisers, ensuring the calendar was on-brand whilst widening the venue’s customer base and maximize sales/exposure • Managing multiple venues’ digital content, all e-mail campaigns, and a large social media presence (with 30k+ total followers) including building the QOH Instagram from scratch (0 to 3.5k followers in 18 months), refining the brand’s identity by producing unique visual content with my Adobe design skills, teaming up with external brands, finding engaging with key influencers and reporting on social analytics • Project managing two high-budget projects a year - the winter/summer rooftop bar installations - developing and designing unique themes/aesthetics (such as the Cuban summer theme ‘Smokin Graciela’s’ and ‘Once Upon A WigWam’ inspired by Grimms Tales), managing strict budgets, sourcing and coordinating artists, production teams and suppliers, coordinating all digital/physical promotions, programming relevant rooftop events as well as working hands-on to install props in the space • Programming regular in-house club nights and rooftop events, using my booking experience to curate lineups for up to 600pax, booking walkabouts/non-music performers and helping manage the shows in collaboration with managers and security • Working with the the creative team to research and develop ideas for new venues, including the launch of Patterns (formally known as Audio) in Brighton, where I had influence over the venue’s design, program, brand association and eventual launch
• Developing and editing exciting, original content for www.meoko.net; writing and sourcing interviews with renowned DJs, opinion pieces and event reviews; writing copy and press releases for clients and events; composing engaging e-newsletters on Mailchimp • Developing a vibrant social media voice across multiple platforms and creating original, viral content using the MEOKO aesthetic; working to increase traffic to the MEOKO web • Designing online ad banners and artwork for online features with Photoshop; using CMS to upload articles and edit the website • Helping organise The MEOKO Project event; coordinating a £3000 sponsorship deal and stock sponsor partnerships from smaller brands • Attracting new business and generating sales for the event promotion arm of MEOKO by researching and approaching potential clients; coordinating media/promotion partnerships with festivals like Gottwood Festival, Echo Festival, Life Festival & Playground Festival