Officially an event producer and social media marketer; in actuality a woman of numerous passions and skills. Continue reading if you’re interested... Founder of Anti Diet Riot Club, a rebellious community and social enterprise resisting diet culture and uplifting women and marginalised people through events and content educating on self-love, body justice and sex positivity. I have built an online community of over 110k, including being personally featured in the likes of The Guardian, The Times, Grazia, The Telegraph, TimeOut London, Cosmopolitan and many more. I have a deep-rooted love for music, immersive events, great writing, festivals, impactful journalism, and the arts. I’ve been producing events of all sizes since I was 16 (back in the era of physical event promo, before Facebook events, if anyone remembers that?!) Since these early days I have developed and honed my event management skills and my talent for social media and communication. Ultimately I enjoy connecting with audiences and bringing them together in immersive and engaging spaces. Professionally I now have over 7 years of experience in digital marketing, event coordination, copywriting and project management in its different guises. I’ve 360° events experience in club nights, outdoor live shows, trade conferences, venue launches, brand activations, charity fundraisers, and creative workshops. I have direct experience in running events from 20 - 3000pax and handling budgets up to £20,000.
- Anti Diet Riot ClubAnti Diet Riot Club hosts events and meet-ups that connect people struggling with diet-cycling, poor body image, and disordered eating. We’re bringing the body acceptance movement to LIFE! All our workshops, speaker events & classes aim to explore and educate people about the effect dieting as on your mental/physical wellbeing, about concepts like Intuitive Eating and mindful movement, and about how to let go of the obsession with thinness! From creative workshops, to intimate discussions, mar
- Body Positive Life DrawingAnti Diet Riot Club and Art Macabre teamed up to bring a fresh and fierce focus to life drawing in London! The class was all about celebrating the body positive revolution and exploring how life drawing can promote positive body image in drawers/models alike. It aimed to represent all shapes and sizes in our models of choice AND through opening up the floor to volunteers who may want to try life modelling for the first time.
- Smash The Scales Photography ProjectThis month, inspired by participation in #WeighFreeMay, I will be bringing together a group of strong, resilient and pro body-positive people to collectively smash their scales in a symbolic protest against diet culture. The plan is to use the photos on social media via the @antidietriotclub channels, and throw an exhibition in which there are some scale-inspired activations encouraging people to value themselves by something irrelevant of their weight.
- The PlaypenConcieved of and delivered a unique and immersive ‘adult playground’ festival concept, successfully pitching it to two leading UK festivals; Secret Garden Party and Shambala. The concept revolved around transporting adults back to their childhood and encouraging them to embrace their silly side with a giant ball pit, party games, finger and hand painting. We used oversized props to distort reality and make guests feel small in comparison including giant ABC blocks, giant 90s themed wendy house, twister, space hoppers, and primary colours. I was in charge of coordinating the pre-festival build and logistics onsite; managing the volunteer staff; liaising with festival organizers and site managers to ensure H&S and sound regulations were adhered; managing the budget.
- LOVE BEATNIK: One Love Project Rooftop FundraiserIn July I helped produce a low-key but successful fundraising event at Dalston Roof Park for The One Love Project, a grass roots charity providing education and healthy meals for children living in the gypsy communities in Pushkar, India. The event was a huge success, raising over £1500 of vital funds for the project, and stayed true to the creative and holistic ethos of the charity. Working alongside the wonderful founders of the project, we brought together live musicians, hula hoopers, crafters, DJs and facepainters who collectively embued the 'Beatnik' theme we had chosen. I worked to source the deal with the venue attaining a late license from the council, as well as designing the artwork and social media content, and liaising with the acts and artists on the day. I can't wait to be involved in the next event, which will hopefully be bigger and better!
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Panellist @ Festival of Female Entrepreneurs, Enterprise NationBACKGROUND Festival of Female Entrepreneurs: Inspiration for women in business. The Festival of Female Entrepreneurs is one of Enterprise Nation’s flagship events. Launching in Bristol before expanding to Edinburgh, it brings together some of the UK's most influential female entrepreneurs, business leaders and brightest start-ups to share ideas, solve challenges and get practical insights on how to start and grow a business. BRIEF Be a panellist on Enterprise Nation's flagship annual event
FounderAnti Diet Riot Club
London, United KingdomFull Time
I am the founder & Director of exciting, new body-positive event series and rebel community: Anti Diet Riot Club. The project's aim is to provide a platform for campaigners, authors, professionals and artists who promote body acceptance and create a UK-based community to explore the movement and its offshoots through creative, practical and engaging events/workshops/meet-ups. Our first four events have sold out and have since featured heavily in mainstream press (Grazia, Metro, The Guardian etc). I am now taking the project to festivals including Camp Bestival, Virgo, and Meadows In The Mountains in order to spread the message of self-love and acceptance to as many people as possible. Proud to say I have successfully built the ADRC social channels to 6k+ in under 6 months, through micro-blogging on Instagram, producing and sharing original content, and advocating for marginalised bodies, mental health and body image issues.
Assistant Event CoordinatorAssociation of Independent Festivals
London, United KingdomFreelance
• Festival Congress awards administration • Event ticketing administration. • Collecting and compiling content for event programmes and delegate packs. • Coordinating all Festival Congress social media activity. • Assisting with speaker liaison. • Assisting in liaising with other key parties including exhibitors, event partners, suppliers and venue representatives. • Sourcing event volunteers and coordinating them at the event • General event administration and budget maintenance • Attendance of event planning meetings in advance of the event and onsite.
+ Show more
- Event Production
- Event Promotion
- Adobe Photoshop
- Event Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Music Programming
- Content Creation
- Stage Management
- Event Design
- Festival Production