Art Gallery Assistants collaborate with art gallery managers to ensure that everyday operations run smoothly and visitors enjoy a pleasant environment. Duties listed on a typical Art Gallery Assistant resume sample are administrative and clerical tasks, planning events and promoting exhibitions. I am seeking an assistant position in an art gallery to display my ability to solve problems, good communication and research skills, computer literacy and attention to details. Most successful example resumes includes Degree in an art-related field.
• Provide great customer service • Deal with difficult customers and problem solve when required • Ensure hygiene is at its best at all times • Cash handling, take electronic payment and reporting after cashing up at the end of the day • Keep record of the food storage and serving temperatures • Sending out staff rotas to all staff • My main duty consisted in to serve the food by delivering a service and to keep clean the different kiosk • Keeping on the date the paperwork and records • Cash handling • Control the deliveries for the service
• Tours in London to with people from various countries who speak other languages and insure excellent customer service • Published and supervised the content of the tours and created the maps for the future guides, I have also been in charge of the trials of future members of the staff • Completing all administrative tasks • Being the first point of contact to customers and responding to queries appropriately • Communicating with internal and external bodies vis phone and emails • Providing tour information and sending documents • Completing report writing tasks • Finding new places within London to plan future tours • Upselling tickets and other tours for partner organisations • Use various programs to collate and report information for quarterly monitoring
• Supported with invigilating tasks for various exhibitions • Keeping the flow of visitors running smoothly • Being aware that the visitors follow visiting procedures and rules • Be the first point of contact • Greet the visitors and helped them during their visit to the venue • Answer queries and provide information
• Minute taking for the trustees meetings • Sending up to date information to all the members. • Maintain, checked and upgrade the database to make it work with the new data protection law • Representative of the association in meetings with other associations
• Getting ready the gallery before the opening time • Checking all the media works were working correctly • Insuring all the exhibition catalogues were on display. • To get the shop ready by displaying the products • Getting the money and change ready • Taking a records of the customers at the end of day based on of age and gender • Guide customers around the venue • Promote the gallery activities.
Master analysis and management of cultural spaces
Master analysis and management of cultural heritage
Degree Art history