A qualified Textiles Designer, with First Class Honours BA degree from Chelsea Collage of art. Strong experience of creating textile designs both digital (Strong Illustrator and Photoshop skills) and traditional (Screenprinting and dying) for collections at industry level for target markets within the fashion industry past clients of freelance work Nike and Louis Vuttion. Great knowledge of fashion industry and trends. I have strong experience of the fashion industry working for fashion brand Zandra Rhodes Ltd assisting with textiles design, garment construction and on shoots and shows. As well as working with designer Kitty Joseph on accessories and running on fashion shoots for each collection and films for example the project with Absolut and shoots for Hunger Magazine. Experience working within Film and Photography, from own personal work directing, filming and editing my own project Absence and Clarity (www.bridieosullivan.net) and running on fashion film and photography shoots. Excellent teamwork skills and communication skills, able to adapt to different work environments, due to my experience in different Job roles ranging from design work to hosting and sales. I have a strong work ethic and organisational skills as well as a drive to expand my knowledge.
- DreamsProject about recording dreams, by keeping a dream journal over a period of time and linking these dreams to a colour. Then using the imagery collected and colour to create textiles designs for Premiere Vision Trade Show. Techniques used dying, bonding, discharge, screen printing and digital printing. Samples Sold to Nike and Louis Vuitton.
- Constructed Mood.Catching the intersection points between your inner reality and what you are seeing’ William S. Burrough. I looked in to space and corners of rooms using light and projection to affect the mood within a space. Aswell as using Thermochromic sheets to create colours affected my heat. I then transferred this in to printed textiles by dying, screen printing and digital print.
- Absence And ClarityMy collection is about challenging the occupation of space and mood by experiments with light, emotions and colour. It became about the projection of your inner reality in to a space. Capturing the intersection of what you see and what others perceive. Colour becomes something so personal with each individual having their own connotations, ever changing with different memories and emotions. Memories merge together sometimes blurring in to dream-like fantasies as time passes. The beauty of the captured image is it can allow the extraction of past memories and desires allowing the dissolving illusions of the mind to live on.
+ Show more
• Bookshop assistant, which involves cataloguing books, sales and service and clearing storage space.
Accessories & Design Assistant
• Accessories designs. Examples accessories for Kitty Joseph’s Absolute project. • Construct accessories for her clothing line, as well as helping out on film and photo-shoots and fashion sales.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Art Photography
- Fine Art
- Pattern Making
- Textile Design
BA Textiles Design
Achieved: First Class Honors Specialised: Print Plus Skills: Digital Print (Adobe Suite), Screen Printing, Experimental Printing, Dying, Design, Spec Drawing, Film and Photography, Projection Installations and Fashion Design.
Achieved: Distinction Specialised: Fashion and Textiles Skills: Fashion Design, Textiles Design, Knit, Digital Print, Fashion Illustration, 3D design, Graphics, Film and Photography, Life Drawing and Observational Drawing.
+ Show more