Coming from an art and design background, my style lends itself to beautiful production techniques, bespoke illustration (when time permits) encompassing an editorial feel with a focus on complementary typography & layout. I've worked client side and studio side and my skills are a perfect fit for book design, pitch work and editorial. In recent years, I was a key part of RA Group's New Business team, employed as their Bid Design Manager. I was taken on to change the way they approached design within their new business bids, bringing flair and personality to their story, highlights have included wins with Universal Music, Havas & Dalby Forest where implementation of the pitched new branded cafe has been put in place. Previous to this I have been Lead Designer at Gungho Studio working on a mix of projects for RA Group, Baxter Storey, Benugo, Levy, John Lewis & a number of architectural and high end real estate groups. Along with the Studio Manager I helped run the studio, delegate, oversee and manage projects for other members of the team. I run My Sweet Love Yoga - an online and in person yoga offer dedicated to those trying to conceive, pregnant or recovering from birth. A full circle offer which is inclusive and at its heart is run through personal experience and struggles, mindful movement to help you prepare or recover, and mindful practise to relax and centre you during times where you need it the most. I am co-founder of a mindful stitching business The NeedL @wearetheneedl on instagram. The NeedL offers eco conscious diy stitch kits. Upcycle your clothing or make your own useful accessories with our embroidery kits, featuring The NeedL's signature artwork. Why do more? because if you love doing something, share it with the world! For collaborations get in touch
- Glyndebourne Festival Dining 2020Glyndebourne, wanted an updated version of their Festival Dining brochure and ordering form. Launching their new restaurant by the Galvin brothers, Glyndbourne wanted a fresh approach to their brochure that spoke to their regular crowd as well as welcoming a fresh crowd.
- Literary Wedding InviteMy clients wanted a not so ordinary invite for their big day. Both being literary buffs they decided on an elaborate and beautifully finished book which told their love story to each guest. Stitched bound with an original foiled cover, and pockets throughout. Printed and finished by Screaming Colour Printers.
- RA Group Supplier|Recipe MagazineA magazine created to highlight collaborations between Restaurant Associates and their suppliers, especially where social responsibility is at it's highest. Recipes were included and a high-end print production style of magazine was used to encourage people to keep the magazine just the day they receive it. Cover was printed on paper made with hops for Pope Yards brewery and the rest is 100% recycled/recyclable paper.
- 33 Gutter LanePitch for construction of 33 Gutter Lane. A heavy set presentation box holding a book with an etched aluminium cover to reflect the style of the building and aesthetics of the original architect. The design concept was produced by myself at Gungho Design and then artworked up by Osborne Construction internal designers.
Bid Design ManagerRestaurant Associates
- London, United KingdomFull Time
My role was lead Bid Design Manager for RA's (part of Compass Group) New Business Team. I moved from Gungho Design (where RA was one of my main clients) and employed by RA as their Bid Design Manager playing a key role in RA Group's New Business team. My main role here was to change the way they approached design within their new business bids, bringing more flair and personality to their story. Highlights included wins with Universal Music, Havas & Dalby Forest where implementation of the pitched new branded cafe was put in place. As well as developing a suite of Marketing material used in house and on client site.
Lead Graphic DesignerGungho Design
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Main responsibilities: Creative lead in studio Assisting Studio Manager with project allocation and creative management of the studio Senior advisory and mentor to designers Managing multiple projects simultaneously Building client relationships Presenting to clients Briefing and creatively guiding other designers on studio projects. Type of design: High end specialist print, using creative book binding, paper stocks and print techniques Specialist in business development design using creative layout, typography, illustration and hand crafting. Marketing material, Event collateral, brand development, presentation, on line documents.
- Graphic Design
- Book Layout
- Brand Concept
- New Business