As an aspiring software developer and entrepreneur, I’ve always wanted to work on projects which have a direct, positive impact upon the lives of their users – particularly those which affect vitally important financial transactions, shaping the world of business as a whole. Contributing to projects which help to shape the current state – and the future – of the technological industries is an immense privilege for me. After participating within several hackathons, such as the Visa Design Hack by Founders of the Future, and the Startup 54: Future of Finance hackathon with Monzo, I have developed knowledge of the investment process, and have adapted my pitch approach to the style of several different VCs and judging panels. I particularly long to permeate the barriers surrounding the fintech industry, expanding my expertise within both technical sales and practical application of artificial intelligence and blockchain, in order to expand the use of these technologies across a range of different industries. I am currently teaching myself the core principles of a great user experience, working on building my own app in order to connect agricultural entrepreneurs within emerging markets to western based venture capitalists. After pitching this idea at a fintech hackathon sponsored by Monzo, I have become part of a small (highly ambitious!) team, and we are currently working on building our MVP, implementing machine learning in order to predict future crop yields for coffee farmers within Kenya and Uganda. I am deeply invested in the future of technology for good, expanding diversity within the tech industries, granting diverse founders and aspiring VCs equal access to mentorship, and a chance to pitch their amazing ideas. As a member of Foundervine, a growing network for diverse young entrepreneurs, I have expanded my knowledge of the pitching and venture capital process, when crafting a concise, dynamic pitch deck in order to promote the needs of underrepresented agriculturalists. I have also built a great team as a result of this experience, and I am especially eager to work well with colleagues, startups and VCs in the near future. I regularly attend technology meetups, with Tech for Good and YouEqualTech, in order to expand my knowledge of sustainable, environmentally friendly, dynamic uses of technology.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Working with Ad Ops, Programmatic, PCM and marketing to ensure optimum delivery of campaigns and proposals • Brainstorming creative solutions for client proposals, working on creative content, briefs and media plans in response to client requests • Providing consistent live reporting on current campaigns • Researching and scoring potential fintech/cryptocurrency clients, reviewing the latest ICOs, and attending cryptocurrency/fintech events in a professional capacity, on behalf of the finance team.
• Competed in the 2019 Design Hack in partnership with Visa, creating innovative, fintech based solutions for small businesses. Directed to address several different pain points within SME financial servicing: access to sufficient services, tracking incoming and outgoing payments, financial admin and international payments processing. • Assisted in the development and creation of the minimum viable product for our SME servicing app: “Jack”. “Jack” was designed to help independent, young freelancers manage their revenue streams effectively, track the progress of their client reimbursements, and manage their workload through an engaging, user-friendly interface.
• During my Code First: Girls Python course, I developed working knowledge of the following principles: user inputs, functions, loops and conditional statements. Have developed an application integrating HTML with Python, through importing the Flask library. I am now able to use route paths and decorators along with functions to accomplish different aims on different pages of my web app. I am now able to pass variables between Python and HTML using render_template, an HTML form, and Jinja2 syntax. I am also able to access HTML form data in Python. • Am able to use an API to trigger an email, and obtain weather information. • I’ve also developed an understanding of best work practices, and also worked on developing a detailed, comprehensive user journey, in order to create the perfect consumer-focused application for mainstream/industrial use.
• Participated in a weekend hackathon hosted by Monzo and the Foundervine network, collaborating alongside ten teams of young entrepreneurs, applying fintech-based solutions to real world problems. • My team and I pitched to a board of financial and technological professionals, outlining our company mission and showcasing our proof-of-concept. Our idea serves as a platform linking venture capitalists to aspiring agricultural entrepreneurs in the rural regions of South America. We aim to produce a sustainable pipeline of natural resources, connecting these to clean energy/agricultural tech enterprises. • As a result of our experience this weekend, we will now be working alongside the Little Coffee Company, a sustainable food sourcing startup, expanding our platform across the South American/North African regions. We plan to use machine learning techniques in order to predict the weather conditions for farmers across these regions.
• Duties included: responding to ad-hoc queries from the relevant teams and providing insight and/or analytics in a timely fashion. • Providing regular insights and recommendations for improvements to the team, to help influence the roadmaps. • Regularly monitoring the voice of Sky Cinema customers though social media tracking in order to spot, validate and quantify problems and opportunities. • Contributing to the development/ideation and user research phase of new product launches for Sky Sports. • Maintaining a thorough understanding and working knowledge of all relevant data sources and insight tools and their functionality. Adopted the role of digital advisor for Premiums, looping in digital data to regular reports.
• Participant on Digify, a talent spotting and hot-housing digital skills incubator. Consisted of two months paid training, based upon the principles of a real agency, with real briefs, followed by a placement at the offices of Digify’s brand partner, Sky. • Duties included: producing and promoting innovating social media content, whilst designing images for Digify’s Instagram page, in order to craft a strong, effective brand identity. • Responded to live client briefs, formulating innovative and creative solutions in response to Livity’s current projects, alongside a diverse team of young designers. • Currently developing advanced skills within the following areas: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, front-end web development and Final Cut Pro.
• Composed various articles regarding digital and literary creativity alongside my co-workers, in order to encourage other young people to participate in our newest venture on Mixital: fan fiction and mock script-writing for several BBC dramas. • Worked with various fan fiction channels (e.g. BBC Writersroom and BBC Class), nurturing both through providing helpful feedback and positive comments, liking and contributing. • Devised, created and uploaded some additional videos for the Perfect Pitch Useless App channel, a recent addition to the Mixital platform, which encourages young people to develop an “elevator pitch”. • Have directed increased traffic for the Mixital site and have explored several different strategies required to sustain audience reception.
• Co-created a successful solution in response to our design brief: how to use an interactive meme/animation creator (Mixital) in order to promote 1Xtra’s latest DJ personality, ADot. • Considering all options/ styles available for our interactive platform - e.g. a video game/collage/comic book style - and producing prototype assets in each style, as well as customized backgrounds in the urbanised theme of 1Xtra. • Have also produced an appropriate pitch, presenting my ideas in a succinct, memorable fashion, thereby making the decision process much easier for the production team.
Participated in a weekend hackathon hosted by Monzo and the Foundervine network, collaborating alongside ten teams of young entrepreneurs, applying fintech-based solutions to real world problems. My amazing team and I pitched to a board of financial and technological professionals, outlining our company mission and showcasing our proof-of-concept. Our idea serves as a platform linking venture capitalists to aspiring agricultural entrepreneurs in the rural regions of South America. We aim to produce a sustainable pipeline of natural resources, connecting these to clean energy/agricultural tech enterprises. I was very grateful to receive the Star Award, awarded as a result of demonstrating a great deal of passion and dedication throughout the weekend.