Creative designer working between the realms of print and noise (illustration, comics, world-building, story-based design and collaborating). Previously completed freelance graphic design for BBC, completed illustrations for various online articles, created artwork for album covers a nd tour posters, and was invited to work in the Design Department at Goldsmiths University. Co-founder of DUAT Studio based in Harlow, Essex.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Encounters with a Leaky Box - PerformancePerformance in Peckham of a fictional band emerging from a cosmic box with accompanying merchandise, part of the beginnings of DUAT LTD. with Charlier Witter. Vocals and damn right madness - Frederick Roll, Noise guitar played with a spatula - Vitaly Yasinsky.
- Phoenix Community Housing - Digital FuturesProject followed by Internship at Phoenix Community Housing, which involved introducing residents to technology with the aim of making it easier to manage bills, rent and housing issues. > https://www.phoenixch.org.uk/ This was a project carried out whilst studying at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Pappa's got a brand new plastic bag @ Goldsmiths Students UnionEvent organised and run with collaborator Charlie Witter at Goldsmiths Students Union in 2018 with bands Sweat, Scud FM and Pit Ponies. Accompanying merch was made and sold and we turned in a profit, even after paying all of out artists by the National Musicians Union guidelines!
- The Worst Four Hours ZineThe Worst Four Hours Zine contains the lyrics and music created in a four hour studio session at Brockley Studios in SE London. The band was assembled on gumtree and met for the first time at the session, lyrics were written on the floor live to the music. Listen here: https://www.mixcloud.com/duatxyz/the-worst-four-hours-side-b/ Credit: Charlie Witter, Tom Gavriel, Vitaly Yasinsky, Frederick Roll, Mr. Grimez (Superhero Rapper), Richard Winstanley
- DUAT LTD.Duat Ltd is a Creative Studio established to create printed media and merchandise. I established the studio with my continued creative partner Charlie Witter and for a year we created ephemera out of our small studio in Harlow, Essex. Currently we are on a brief hiatus as we gain industry knowledge and refine out future direction. During our first year we worked independently taking work to Zine Fairs in York and London as well as working with clients such as Fred Deakin (Airside & Lemon Jelly)
Freelance IllustratorMy self freelance
London, United KingdomFreelance
Completed various commissions for online magazines and articles on topics ranging from sex-workers rights to Rick and Morty.
United KingdomPart Time
Creative studio founded by Tom Gavriel and myself following completion of our joint final year project at Goldsmiths University. Working within the realms of print and noise, we focus on creating strange and surreal narratives and bringing them to life on the printed page accompanied with sound. We have also created merchandise and artwork for bands. Recently held stalls at the Artist’s Self Publishers Fair at the ICA and ELCAF 2019 alongside Snootie Studios.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Problem Solving
- Screen Print
- Risograph Printing
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Design Thinking
BA Design (1:1)Goldsmiths, University of London
London, United Kingdom
Inter-disciplinary design course with an emphasis on design thinking, research methods, group projects, collaboration, and gaining practical design skills. Contextual Report: ‘Do Taoist’s Dream of Electric Trolleys?’ Marked on a Viva Voce, a 20-minute spoken presentation explaining design outcomes and process.