Howdy, my name is Chris. I am a VR Modeller. I enjoy doing modelling work in virtual reality to create content for apps, games, film and VR experiences. I used to work as a Mixed/Virtual Reality Designer working for the Korean company DoubleMe to develop holographic application tools for clients or creators to play around with their content. Right now, I enjoy helping out other projects with VR, MR, Games, and bit of VFX. At Ravensbourne University, I'm part of the team to run a Mixed Reality Experience Playground known as Rave PlayLabZ. It involves supporting experimentation projects to allow the students to play around with the kit to help them understand what ways they can use the equipment with their projects — also doing workshops in VR, AR and MR with other courses from Ravensbourne such as Animation, Digital Advertising, BT, Film/TV, Fashion and other classes. It’s helped me in trying to develop innovative ideas with the students, which helps them build confidence, and be able to work effectively in teams. At the same time, teaching them new software techniques means they can use it to help other students collaborate. I aspire to give more opportunities to students and help education so they can get a job in future technologies and repay their tuition fee! It’s crucial they learn skills to work in future areas such as VR, AR, and MR”.
- The Great Wave off KanagawaSince I have seen other users decided to make the painting as a 3D model but are just a flat piece of a wall with an image on it, so where’s the fun of that so why not 3D model out of the picture, therefore just done a 3D sculpting from scratch in Virtual Reality by using MasterpieceVR.
- Dark WorlderDue to an unexpected glitch in VR, while making a 3D model of Dark Worlder from DarkSeeds by H.R.Giger, I decided to export the model from MasterpieceVR to Blender to play around the render settings to create this image. I have come across his great words "There are hope and a kind of beauty in there somewhere, if you look for it" H.R.Giger His words had bought inspiration for me to create content in Virtual Reality.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- RISE 360 and VR on youtubeDuring lockdown we teamed up with three generations of the Ravensbourne University London SEEDS program, to help support the young minds of Music Relief Foundation (MRF) & then create a music video for the pioneering synth artist Harald Grosskopf, which had its world premiere at Hackstock part of SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival 20th Anniversary. Krzysztof Szkoda Carlos Martins Charles Freeman Marius Matesan Magdalene Adenaike FRSA
- Music Relief ConcertTHIS PROJECT WAS A COLLABORATION MEANING MUSIC RELIEF PLAY LABS AND BLACKMAIL REALITY TO PROVIDE A SERVICE TO YOUNG PEOPLE TO EXPLORE THERE ARE AND CREATIVE CAPABILITIES THROUGHOUT MUSIC AND EXTENDED REALITY BLACK MATTER REALITY ALONGSIDE PLAYLIST DELIVERED A FUN-FILLED WORKSHOPS WHERE OUR TEAM TWO YOUNG PEOPLE HAD TO USE 3D SOFTWARE AND THE BASICS OF STORYTELLING IN A MULTIDIMENSIONAL SPACE ALSO GIVEN AN INTRODUCTION INTO 3D SOFTWARES AND HOW TO COMBINE VISUALS WITH MUSIC
VR Modeller / Games DesignerKAWS INFINITY
London, United KingdomFreelance
KAWS INFINITY is my nickname I used as an artist when using VR modelling by creating content within Virtual Reality such as MasterpieceVR, Gravity Sketch and Kodon. I am hoping in the future the 3D industries such as games and films will adopt more in using VR as a tool, that's why I started a blog VR INFINITY SOCIAL to explore and investigate the area. In my spare time, I do Unity experimentation; I work with different artists to make fun art experimentation in making apps. • Hack The Planet VR to remake the app into a 4K 360 film, and it will get featured in the 360 Dome experience. • District 5 VR as part of theatre experience with BoomTown music festival in the UK in which few members of the audience get kidnapped to try out the VR experience as part of the narrative. • Dionysia VR, to work with Steven Dinehart (One of the top video game narrators) to help improve better frame rate for his VR app. • Sci-Fi London Film Festival VR, to create a simple app containing Sci-Fi 360 movies to allow the audience to watch it on their phones as part of the festival. In 2019, I help to judge the 360 movies for the next festival. • Transcendence 360, to record a theatre experience with demonic lasers. • RISE VR, to remake the app into a 4K 360 film
Hackstock CuratorSci-Fi-London Film Festival
- London, United KingdomFreelance
In my spare time, I'd been helping out with the crew to set up and curtate Hackstock at the Sci-Fi London Film Festival with the fun kit to play with such as VR, MR, Holographic Display, Subpac and many more. To give the feeling of being in the film called Hackers to have deep experience at Hackstock.
+ Show more
- 3D Computer Animation
- Matte Painting
- After Effects
- Virtual Reality
- Virtual Worlds
- Unreal Engine
MA Interactive Digital MediaRavensbourne University
- London, United Kingdom
MA/MSc Interactive Digital Media is a vibrant, interdisciplinary, collaborative and challenging postgraduate pathway focusing on the practical and theoretical study of interactivity in digital media production; and strives to create designers with the potential to innovate and influence interaction design practice who can realise relevant and elegant design proposals with commercial potential.
InnovateUKWorshipful Company of StationerTo showcase a Holographic call at the Worshipful Company of The Stationers
Stationers Postgraduate BursaryWorshipful Company of StationersAwarded a Postgraduate bursary to support my Masters Arts in Interactive Digital Media, and to receive a 3 years Stationer membership as the Freeman of the company. https://stationers.org/education-charity/education/postgraduate-bursary-scheme.html
+ Show more