I have over 10 years experience of print, digital and brand design. An established magazine design background for titles including Vanity Fair and Sunday Times magazine has given me an intuitive understanding of telling a visual story through design, as well as strong typographical skills, the ability to select the most pertinent image and the belief that it is the detail that makes for great design. This has developed into an intuitive understanding of user experience when working on digital and interactive projects, with the added details of strong infographics and clear icons to help visualise the user journey or complex information. My unrelenting attention to detail and craft in my work has led to innovative and exciting brand design from logos to brand collateral. As a project manager, my great relationships with clients and the people I work with and good time management means I produce quality design that exceeds expectations. My skills include the following: + DIGITAL DESIGN including websites and web apps, from wireframes to userability and user interaction, to pixel perfect button design. + Wireframes + UX & UI + Pixel perfect design + PRINT DESIGN extensive experience working on leading news-stand magazines and newspaper magazines, corporate books and annual report style publications. + Client, team & project management + Art director: illustration, animation & photography + Illustration - editorial & animation + Branding and logo design + Infographic design + Advertising design + Artworking & print management I have been using the following software on a regular basis, if not daily so am fully competent in: + Adobe creative suite Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop + Adobe DPS + Sketch + Invision
- The Open - Art director & project manager - App to launch the rebrand of prestigious golf championshipManaged team including motion graphics and iPad designers, as well as relationship with the client, which was a feat in itself as the App was produced to a very tight time frame. Extensive story boarding to ensure the journey through the App told the story the client wanted and made the most of all interactive content available. With over 10 bespoke animations and extensive interactivity, we exceeded the client’s expectations and the App was well received. Client gave feedback that ‘its one of the best pieces of work we’ve seen’.
- Dubai - Senior designer & project manager - Book to showcase Dubai as the perfect event’s host locationBook produced in collaboration with The Sports Consultancy and Falcon agencies. The project management required good liaison with external agencies. Concept design based on Dubai’s skyline, combined with creative page layout, infographic design, careful image selection and strong use of typography, all helped to make this information heavy book digestible and ensure the content was easily accessible.
- City Football Group - Art director, project manager & illustrator - Animation for the City Football Services division of City Football GroupArt director of animation, including story-boarding and illustration work, to showcase the annual success of City Football Services. Demanding project management due to 2 week time frame and limited budget. However, far exceeded the clients expectations on this project.
- Arsenal Football Club - Senior designer - Launch of iPad version of the Matchday programmeAs a design savvy, forward thinking football club, Arsenal was the first team to launch a fully interactive iPad version of their matchday programme. I was contracted for the season to design the launch issue for the iPad and then lead the design of subsequent issues and train up the junior print designer to assist. Really exciting project, especially as Arsenal were keen to maximise the multimedia content such as video highlights, historical content and sound bites. App was really well reviewed by fans on the App store and subscriptions consistently increased throughout the season. Internally the project was seen as a success and was continued the next season.
- Art direction, page design & infographics - UEFA Football & Social Responsibility annual reportInformation heavy report simplified by clear but exciting infographics, strong visuals and defined structure. Focus groups by UEFA complimented the design and consequently I was requested to design the report for a second year.
Contract Art Director
Lovely project to art direct the 3rd and 4th issues of OnRoute magazine, improving design of title and managine timeframes. Client was really pleased with my work on the 3rd issue and I was therefore booked for the 4th issue which I'm currently designing.
Design of promotional material for campaign to promote Solar Power in London. Included leaflet design and creation of bespoke icons.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- Print Management
- Magazine Design
- Infographics Design
- Digital Design
- Annual Report Design
- Artworking Retouching
- Pixel Perfect Design
- Corporate Publications
- Design Team and Project Management