As a recently graduated Fashion Management and Communication student, I am looking for creative opportunities in a range of specialist industries. My key areas of interest are: Photography/Image-Making, Video Editing, Graphic Design, Publication/Editorial, Styling + Creative Direction. Thank you for viewing my projects!
- Appropriation Or Appreciation: In What Ways Does The Fashion Industry Exploit Working Class Culture?As a recent graduate I felt it would be beneficial to share some of the graphic design layouts of my Dissertation. Due to the content of the study, I wanted to keep the layouts relatively minimal and stark, inspired by the working class correlations with brutalist architecture. I'm actively searching for Graphic Design/Fashion Styling opportunities in the Leeds area - any opportunities or feedback please get in touch!
- The New CasualThis project hoped to explore themes of working class culture in a fashion context. It was based off my dissertation subject titled, ‘Appropriation or Appreciation: In what ways does the fashion industry exploit the working class?’ I wanted to evoke the streetstyle images seen in early editions of i-D magazine with a nod to appreciating and merging new and old, typically, working class youth trends. I began by looking at men’s streetsyle images, and collected those that I felt evoked the mo
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To GoI wanted to explore culture clashes in this series. I started looking at interesting uses of textured backdrops, juxtaposed against a glamourously dressed model. I felt that the contrast would evoke thought-provoking imagery while the styling would push me out of my comfort zone.
LFW InternBritish Fashion Council
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Support staff behind-the-scenes for London Fashion Week. I was responsible for greeting VIP guests, sorting garments and liaising between stockists, visitors + organisers to ensure the event ran smoothly. 2016 - 2017 University Centre Somerset, Taunton Foundation Diploma Art and Design: Distinction 2009 - 2016 Bootham School, York A-Levels: English Literature: A*, Art: A, Business Studies: C. interests Alongside immersing myself in fashion through my studies, I also enjoy watching a variety of YouTube channels including Susie Garvie, Emma Tamsin and Mathilde Mellor due to my love of streetwear and experimenting with personal style. I am particularly interested in sustainable fashion, animal welfare in fashion and ensure I stay up to date with current affairs. I also frequently interact with customers on my Depop shop, where I sell second hand + vintage clothing. email firstname.lastname@example.org 2020 John Lewis | Undergraduate Project The FMC course collaborated and organised an event with John Lewis + Partners to target a new, younger consumer. I was part of the styling + choreography teams for the catwalk feature along with designing a lookbook featuring students’ stylised images. 2019 Thrifty Store | Social Media Manager Responsible for managing a vintage store’s social media platforms on a voluntary basis. The role included photographing + curating visual content in order to gain exposure for the business. industry interventions
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Sheffield Hallam University
- Sheffield, United Kingdom
Recent Graduate in Fashion Management & Communication from Sheffield Hallam University.
+ Show more