Daisy King is an Art Director/Designer in London. She's worked for agencies big + small for past 7 years. Her highlights include helping name an iconic adidas football boot, refunding peoples sh*ttest dates and being talked about on Loose Women (a true accolade). She's been featured by: Design Week, VICE, Creative Review, Hunger Magazine, Metro, Polyester Zine, Screenshot, Ladygunn. She's worked on: NIKE, ADIDAS, NETFLIX, SAMSUNG, GOOGLE, ABSOLUT VODKA, THE FACE MAGAZINE, AUDI, LUSH, TEAM GB, LEGO, THE LABOUR PARTY, MENTOS, MADE.COM, CAMPO VIEJO, BWIN, COSTA, OLD EL PASO, VIRGIN MEDIA, BARCLAYS, TESCO, HEINZ, SKINSEI, REFUGE, PERONI, GIFFGAFF, NEXT, BRITISH AIRWAYS, KFC, MERRELL, VERY.CO.UK, BEEFEATER GIN, BEAUTYPIE, LINKEDIN. She's worked for: BBH LONDON, M&C SAATCHI, BMB LONDON, LUCKY GENERALS, BBH NEW YORK, TBWA/NEBOKO, GRAVITY ROAD, MADE BY BLAH, ATLANTIC RECORDS, ISLAND RECORDS. She's worked with: (music) ED SHEERAN, JAMES BLUNT, JOEL CORRY, JESS GLYNNE, ANNE-MARIE, ELLA HENDERSON, DYLAN FRASER, ELLA EYRE, FRED AGAIN, RITA ORA, IDER, CLEAN BANDIT, IDER, NATHAN DAWE, MAISIE PETERS, THAT KIND, TION WAYNE, PREDITAH, UNKNOWN P, DARKOO, KSI, MAHALIA, RICO NASTY, HONNE, PRE55URE. https://www.instagram.com/daisyaking/ *She also is a milliner and works on commission to create beautiful, bespoke one-off hats. @pieceofeight
+ Show more
- Darkoo - 2 in 1 EPCover for Darkoo's EP dropping 16th of July for 2 in 1 - we designed and set built a blue bath, and created 6/7 fake mirror panels and shot her at a 360 degree angle with the reflections and bathroom all built in cgi and retouch. A huge team effort getting this together - shot by Dan Matthews.
- T-MASKBranding for futurewear brand t-mask (https://t-maskwear.com/) who give some of the proceeds of sales to fighting long covid. A t shirt with a mask built in - a one of a kind reusable garment that is sustainable, safe and fashionable. Founded by Victor Ruiz, shot by Jose Hernandez - http://www.mrjose.studio/
- LabTonicaI worked with Kate Roberts to launch her new wellness brand LabTonica, featuring soothing teas, dreamy balms and helpful tinctures. I wanted the design to feel quite cubic and linear, as if these are the building blocks to mindful living. Copy by Marc Rayson and Photography by Jessica Griffiths
- Jealous - Mahalia feat Rico NastyNew artwork for Queens Mahalia and Rico Nasty. The creative stemmed from reading the greek myth about the sirens. The beautiful women who were cursed creatures, doomed to roam the sea and lure sailors to their untimely demise. I wanted this artwork to embody a lot of power, and be thematically renaissance in nature. Hell hath no fury like two women scorned.
- REFUNDMYSHITDATE.COMNominated - Best Humour Website 2021 - The Webby Awards Refundmyshitdate.com was a PR activation to launch the single ‘Where Are All The Boys?” by Alexina. The track is about hopeless dating and the fickle, transactional nature of modern day romance. So we decided to compensate one lucky person who had such a terrible date by reimbursing them back the cost of the date. The site quickly went viral as we had people round the world telling us their stories (600+ entries and 50k in wasted date mo
- Dylan Fraser - Gucci SweaterWinner of Best Art Direction 2021 at the Drum Awards I emailed the amazing @Ed Tritton asking him over the Christmas period if he could make me some metal tears, and as always he turned around and said "I'll give it a go". We created this artwork for Dylan Fraser's Gucci Sweater - a track about materialism and how it doesn't actually make you happy. It got thousands of likes on socials and even comes with its own Liquid Tears instagram filter (tbc).
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Atlantic Records.I was commissioned to creative direct and shoot press shots for new Atlantic Records signing 'THAT KIND'. Shot on Location with strobe flash. Retouched in-house at my studio. 'Stewart did a fantastic job for us, he built a real rapport with our artist and made them feel really comfortable on the day - and the images were stunning! He went above and beyond in trying to help us and we can't wait to work with him again' - Daisy King - Art Director, Atlantic Records.
- Nike - OBJ StashedNFL star Odell Beckham Jr spent a weekend in N17 to inspire London’s next generation of sports and culture. He touched down in Tottenham where Londoners participated in a Stash for a chance to meet the legend and be gifted a pair of the exclusive Nike Air Max 720/OBJ. We designed assets for the Nike SNEAKRS app to promote the event.
- Live the Deen. Keep the Dream.Collaborative Pan-European campaign between youth-driven community organisations Elays Network and the Muslim Youth Forum of Finland designed to inspire young Muslims and steer them away from the risks of extremist influence. Under the campaign thought ‘Live the Deen. Keep the Dream' the work aims to shine a light on young Muslims who are staying true to themselves and their religion in a way that allows them to achieve what they want in the Western world.
- LUSH Bath BombsA series of 3 abstract mixed media short films for cruelty free cosmetics brand LUSH to celebrate 30 years of their signature Bath Bombs. Each film captures the feeling of a different bomb; the Intergalactic, Geo-Phyzz and Rocket Science. The films were featured on social channels and shot with @danmatthewsdan
Art Director/DesignerSelf Employed
London, United KingdomFreelance
Worked for: Atlantic Records, TBWA/Neboko Amsterdam, BBH New York, BMB London, Lucky Generals, We are Zag. Clients: Adidas, Nike, Samsung, Very, Merrell, Beefeater Gin, LG, GB Snowsports, Beautypie, LEGO, Hotels.com, Linkedin, MADE.COM, Stephen Lawrence Charity Trust, Lab Tonica.
+ Show more
- Art Directing
- Brand Direction