You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I am an events and communication specialist currently working in the Intelligent Transport Systems sector in Brussels. I love organizing and managing events, tv shows and projects - and telling people about it! I have moved around quite a lot and am a top student at the University of Life! Ask me anything except my age.
• Working with the Programme, Exhibition & Sponsorship Managers to gather necessary information to promote sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and highlight events during the Congress • ¬Writing targeted email campaigns messages, articles, press releases, news and update the Congress website and social media platforms accordingly • Working closely with the appointed Communication agencies to ensure the implementation of the marketing & communications strategies • Liaise with ERTICO Communication department to ensure coherence with ERTICO activities • Production of collaterals • Organising other events related to the Congresses • Working with suppliers to produce branded stands at international congresses
Managing and coordinating the production of the Dis Hoe Ons Rol series for kykNET, featuring rapper, Jack Parow and sponsored by Harley Davidson. This included research, setting up interviews, finding interesting places to film and stay, coordination of various adventure activities as well as managing the crew.
• Taking responsibility for the overall effective, efficient planning and implementation of various events including conferences, group board meetings (up to 5 consecutive days at a destination), staff launches, year-end functions and other internal events • Management of event logistics, e.g. catering, décor, attendance, bookings, data base management, program development, travel arrangements/transfers, query centre etc. • Preparing brief documents according to specifications for internal client’s approval • Acting as contact person to client for Vodacom sponsored events • Compiling of budgets for small, medium and large sized events • Preparing brief documents for external event companies • Acting as contact person to client and external event companies • Managing internal communications for the Western Region • Hosting international tours for the Vodacom Business Partners • Support on the Vodacom Durban July event
Coordination of TV series: Kom ons Braai - this is the South African version of 'Come dine with me'. Duties included securing sponsors, finding interresting candidates to take part in the show, working out the film schedule, coordinating with contestants, venues, sponsors and the crew.
• Produced and managed the Disaronno (Italian Amaretto) tradeshow stands for Taste of Cape Town and the Cape Town and Johannesburg Town Good Food and Wine shows. • Worked on various events such as the Fleur du Cap Awards (production) and the kykNET Fiestas (PR). • Freelance work as a production manager / coordinator / location scout on movies and advertisements including a French film, an Indian luggage advertisement, work for Comedy Central and kykNET. • On-site event manager for Johannesburg Festival of Beer. • Organizing various smaller events (weddings, live performances of artists in and around Cape Town).
• Managing and coordinating the production of the Jan Braai vir Erfenis series for kykNET. This included research, setting up interviews, finding interesting places to braai and stay, coordination of activities and cooking inserts as well as managing the crew. • Implementing and executing PR strategies for the Jan Braai vir Erfenis TV series, National Braai Day and the Jan Braai cookbooks and products. • Marketing content creation, e.g. writing copy for distribution on social media, magazines, PR agencies etc. • Marketing for the National Braai Tour. This included working closely with the Media Partner, kykNET (South African TV channel), as well as updating the Braai Day Facebook page and website feeds. • Organizing the National Braai Tour. This included liaising with various vendors, service suppliers, media partners and participants. • Securing and liaising with sponsors for the National Braai tour. Sponsors included SANParks, Parmalat, Sparta Meat, Eureka Mills, Ford, Durbanville Hills and The Braai Cube. • Assisted with new product development and design. Products included National Braai Tour logo, Jan Braai Boerewors and the packaging thereof, Mzanzi Jan Braai Braaipap packaging, Braaitour clothing, Jan Braai vir Erfenis Caps, Thsirts, Hoodies etc. • Coordinating the organization of various Braai Day celebrations throughout South Africa.
• Writing content for the Oude Libertas Website, managing the Facebook page and writing the monthly newsletter for the Slow Market, Amphitheatre, Art Gallery and Corporate Social Investment branch of Distell. • Management of the Oude Libertas Centre and tenants including the Slow Market, The Oude Libertas Amphitheatre and The Oude Libertas Art Gallery. • Coordinating, management and marketing of new art exhibition openings every 6 weeks • Identifying arts and culture projects and assisting the controller with the distribution of funds from the Distell Foundation towards these projects • Assisted with the organization of the Fleur Du Cap Theatre awards
I assisted with planning, and worked on the Good Food and Wine Show in Cape Town
• Composition of various excel spreadsheets • Obtaining permission from farmers for cyclists to cross their farms • Basic intern work
Philosophy, Sociology, Ancient Cultures Graduated 2008
Public Speaking Award