Junior Account Executive at M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment. I run the internet radio station Vandelay Radio, and decide the creative direction of the station.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Alongside the other creative producer, I decide the creative direction of the station including branding, website design, music curation and event management. • Manage a roster of DJs from around the world who produce shows to play on the station, exposing listeners to a wide variety of talent from across the globe. • Manage and maintain accounts using spreadsheets to budget and forecast our finances. • Collaborate with other collectives within the underground electronic music scene to pursue the goal of showcasing upcoming talent to a global audience.
• As part of a group of interdisciplinary students, I undertook research to identify if there was a need for a National Baithak network; a network connecting small intimate concerts celebrating South Asian classical music. • Developed a business model based on established DIY concert networks but adapted it to meet South Asian Arts requirements with plans to be implemented.
• Coordinated press releases for clients in the electronic music industry such as elrow, Houghton Festival, Fabric and Motion. • Created a network of press contacts within student media across the UK, with a focus on utilizing them for increased press coverage on events the agency were currently working on. • Gained a deep insight as to how PR campaigns are developed from the planning stage to implementation and how they are adapted to meet clients’ needs.
• Booked a variety of acts in the underground music scene, negotiating fees with agents and handling artist liaison. • Acted also as the location scout for the brand, seeking out venues within South-West Wales and set the aesthetic for each venue by designing and installing numerous art pieces and decorations. • Used social media, engaging copy and partnerships within the Swansea electronic music scene to market content and events.
• I managed Kiva: An online short-term loan system used to fund farmers under the Babban Gona Scheme, a program used to empower farmers by providing short term finance. • I became familiar with Garmin BaseCamp, a mapping program, which I used to plot farmer’s fields, and get a general sense of the geographical landscape of north of Nigeria • Formed a deep understanding about how the agricultural sector works in Nigeria and became familiar with basic concepts of micro-finance.
• I managed the social media accounts of The Design Institute (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and the firm’s blog. • Created visual content and infographics promoting the benefits of design thinking and advertising different programs the firm offered. • Attended numerous seminars on design thinking to inform the daily blog posts I wrote for the firm.
• Work shadowed the Head of Operations and Projects and assisted in administrative duties including but not limited to copywriting, handling internal communication and coordinating meetings. • Participated in various leadership sessions aimed at developing interpersonal and presentational skills. • Gained an in-depth insight into the inner workings into one of the most recognized NGOs in Africa.
MA, Global Development and International Political Economy My dissertation is on the role of corruption concerning economic growth and whether it hinders or promotes economic growth in developing nations using Nigeria and Brazil as case studies.
LLB (Joint Hons) Law and Politics In addition to the compulsory law modules required to receive an LLB, I also undertook two Researching Politics modules, one in which I wrote a report on whether or not gender equality improved after the Islamic Revolution in Iran, and a group report and presentation on potential peace solutions to the Syrian Conflict. My dissertation was on how the failed attempts to modernize Iran by the Shah created fertile ground for the Islamic Revolution of 1979.