I work in both traditional and digital media, with my digital knowledge including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and MagicaVoxel. I work in a wide range of subjects, including editorial and book illustration, concept art, story-boarding, game UI and comics, but am always willing to try something new.Locked Pro Plan feature
Currently working as a freelance illustrator
. Worked as a visual designer for mobile games, creating character and environment concept art, game UI, icons and graphics. . Excellent organisational skills multitasking on multiple projects. . Enhanced collaboration skills working with a small, cross-functional team on both self-led and company-directed projects. Learnt to be highly adaptable if a project was put aside or another one took greater priority, to manage and prioritise projects effectively and to be calm under pressure. . Developed visual storytelling skills and knowledge of composition as the illustrator and storyboarder for interactive fiction game, Greyfriars Bobby.
. Designed graphics for perfume packaging and website.
. Learnt to work quickly to tight weekly deadlines illustrating different cognitive behaviours and disorders.
• Participated in a team of five to design a game in 48 hours. Our game, ‘Force Shift’, was a gravitational pull mobile game. • As a side competition, each team was given a Brains Eden mascot to customise and photograph in an interesting location. Our entry – designed and photographed by me – won Best Location. • Exhibited art in the Game Artwork exhibition in the Ruskin Gallery.
• Participated in a team of five to design a game in three days for the Great British Winter Game Jam. We designed a multi-player snowball game in Unity, with two armies of schoolchildren and dinner ladies engaged in a snowball war in the playground.
• Participated in team of five to design a game in three days. Learned to prioritise and delegate tasks to teammates. Our game – ‘Amazing Game’ – received the most audience votes, and was selected by our university to be submitted to the Very Big Indie Pitch at the Pocket Gamer Connects conference in January 2015.
• Worked on Tartarus, a 2D scroller puzzle game for the game design competition, Dare to be Digital 2015.
• Acquired an understanding of running a creative organisation through clerical duties, such as bookkeeping and managing the members’ database. • Demonstrated independence interviewing and supervising a summer work experience student. • Developed events management and organisational skills organising an art exhibition at Palmers Green Festival. • Assisted in workshops, such as the Young Entrepeneurs, teaching young people about running your own creative business.
• Was a member of artist collective Creative Exchange and showcased several paintings alongside other members at Palmers Green Festival.
• Exhibited three A3 glossy prints of a bodypainting photoshoot from a university project at the Northern Lights exhibition.
• Took photos and wrote sight and glasses-related illustrated articles, developing excellent written communication skills. • Improved confidence and communication skills by approaching strangers for interviews
1st Class Honours
Won a highly commended award in the Illustration and Animation category for my poster highlighting depression as a mental illness. https://www.creative-conscience.org.uk/portfolio/highly-commended-work/