Loving the journey... Specialising in active lifestyle & sports photography + motion, Duncan's emotive style has seen him create powerful images of the worlds’ best sports women and men - Olympic Gold medalists, World Record Holders, World Cup winners and Super Bowl and Major Champions. Blessed to have shot for so many top tier global brands like Nike, Under Armour, adidas, New Balance, The NFL, Chicago Bears and The FA - Duncan is just a little bit sport and fitness mad himself. When the camera is not in his hand, he is often found out cycling, on the yoga mat, pretending he's not freezing whilst cold water swimming, or running around with his 3 year old son Ziggy. For Duncan it’s all about creating work that inspires positive health, wellness, environmental and social change. Executing those shoots in ways that are as sustainable as possible. A member of 1% for the Planet, Duncan gives back by donating 1% of his annual sales to environmental non profits. For motion & integrated campaigns, he has joined forces with Tobias James and created GOOD PLANETS. Empathetic storytelling is at the heart of Duncan’s work. His first short film, WALI is an emotive story about the blind marathon runner Wali Nori, who lost his sight whilst being a translator for allied forces in Afghanistan. This approach has also led to him to create campaigns for clients like This Girl Can, The Invictus Games, The Red Cross, The Royal British Legion and Scope. AWARDS: 2018-2021 ONE EYELAND BEST OF THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS 2020 - Short film WALI - Best Short Film at Big Teeth, Small Shorts (Chicago) 2017 TOKYO FOTO INTERNATIONAL AWARDS - WINNER 2017 SIENNA INTERNATIONAL PHOTO AWARDS - SHORTLIST 2016 PDN ADRENALIN SPORTS & ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY - PEOPLES CHOICE WINNER
- Denise Lewis x NextMore from my activewear shoots with Denise Lewis MBE for Next. Always amazing to work with Denise, and all the creatives teams from Next. Huge thanks to Art Director Tara KD, Bjorn Krischker on Hair & Make Up, Emma Lane on Styling, Vicki Tarbuck, Zoe Kramer, Dawn-Marie Jones on Lighting, Maria Monfort-Plana on Digi - and my agent Pam Nolan (Global Assignments.agency) https://www.duncannicholls.co.uk/portfolio/active-lifestyle
- ZOOM OUT - 1/1 EDITION NFT ART - ON OPENSEA.I’m over the moon to share Zoom Out - one of my 1/1 pieces from my first collection of digital art for sale on the blockchain. If you’ve followed my photography over the years, you’ll know the big deal for me is that my work is having a positive impact. It’s the drive behind my photographic projects raising funds for Seeing is Believing and Vision Foundation. And why shooting for The Invictus Games, The Red Cross, Scope, This Girl Can and many other positive change campaigns mean so much. S
- Golf Fashion ShootOut on the course with Sarah Smith, for this Golf Fashion shoot. Golf was one of my favourite sports growing up (I almost turned Pro back in the day) - so to be back out on the course, especially in this end of day light was really special. We even got to see the sun set over the horizon. :) Head on over to my website for loads more from the project. Sarah is wearing Röhnisch. And big thanks to Chris and the team at Orchardleigh Golf Club.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- This Girl Can / Sport EnglandThis Girl Can believes that there’s no right way to get active – if it gets your heart rate up, it counts. And we want more women to find what’s right for them. The campaign celebrates active women who are doing their thing no matter how they look, how well they do it or how sweaty they get. We want to challenge the conventional idea of what exercise looks like and reach out to women of all backgrounds and ethnicities who feel left behind by traditional exercise. In doing so, we’re aiming to
- WALIA story of superhuman courage, willpower and overcoming a life changing injury. Whilst working as an Interpreter for the British Army in his home country of Afghanistan, Wali Noori was involved in a Taliban ambush and suffered serious injuries as well as the loss of his sight. 'Wali' tells his story and how he found inspiration and healing through sport.
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Sport Photography