- AffinityIdentity for an international shipbroking firm. The idea for the logo itself – a ship’s bow crossed with a heraldic crest – came from the senior designer at Burgess Studio, but was given to me to develop further. After refining the drawings, I paired it with a logotype, chose the typefaces, developed a colour scheme and designed all Affinity’s subsequent material. One of the requirements of the project was to create a full icon suite for the brand – as Affinity are involved with so many differe
- The Macallan x Lalique PackagingDisplay packaging for a rare whisky by The Macallan, housed in a crystal decanter designed by Lalique. The box is made from black Corian, and the typography was laser-etched into the surface with The Macallan’s Spiritual Home, Easter Elchies house, placed in the centre. The type is set in concentric rings to evoke a solar-system with Easter Elchies as it’s central star. The interior is covered in Japanese book-binding linen and a book about the house and the whisky is housed in a drawer beneath
- James Blake Summer FestivalsA series of films to promote James Blake’s string of festival appearances over the summer of 2015. In each video James stands in the middle of a giant typographic sundial containing all the festival dates he was due to play, as his shadow circles him and settles on the date of his next performance. Each festival appearance had its own video with its own colour treatment, and was posted on James’s social media accounts and his official website in the run-up to that event. Produced at Burgess St
- The Children’s Republic of ShoreditchIn the summer of 2012, The Ministry of Stories declared that Shoreditch in East London was an independent state governed by children, and they summoned me to design their new national identity. The identity had to be something that the children could take ownership of, re-produce, and adapt themselves. A simple graphic child with a large head full of new ideas became the symbol of the new nation. The children had everything that a new nation required; an embassy, a passport and a manifesto. De
- LivingDeadGuyIdentity for a TV and film production company that specialises in horror and science-fiction. LivingDeadGuy was founded by Bryan Fuller; writer and producer of NBC’s ‘Hannibal’. Bryan’s work is full of dark humour, so the identity couldn’t be too grim. To get the tone right both the logotype and the oil-painted zombie hands were influenced by posters from the Golden Age of Hollywood Horror. Bryan also wanted the identity to represent previous shows he had worked on – so the zombie holds different props from stories he has written, such as the fatal toilet seat from ‘Dead Like Me’, or one of the Piemaker’s pies from ‘Pushing Daisies’. Early in his career Bryan was a staff-writer on ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ and later, ‘Star Trek Voyager’, and you can see the zombie’s arm decay further over his time spent working on both those shows. Designed at Burgess Studio
- Justin LeightonIdentity for a photographer. Over the years Justin Leighton has worked as a war photographer and a documentary photographer, but now specialises in shooting luxury cars. The logotype was inspired by vintage automobile nameplates but has been given a contemporary edge with with sharp angles and is widely spaced to give it some lightness. The stationery uses a 100% cotton paper, similar to the specialist paper stock he uses for his prints and portfolio. Designed at Burgess Studio.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Hoxton Street Monster SuppliesHoxton Street Monster Supplies was established in 1818, and ever since then has served the daily needs of London’s extensive monster community. Step inside, and you’ll find a whole range of essential products for monsters: you can pick from a variety of Tinned Fears (distinctly helpful if you’re not quite as scary as you once were), a selection of Human Preserves, and a mix of other really rather fine goods, including Neck Bolt Tighteners, and Death Certificates (to prove you really are dead).
- Full Time
- Full Time
+ Show more
- Corporate Identity
- Print Design
- Logo Design
BA(Hons) Graphic Design
Graduated with First Class Honours.
In-Book, D&AD AwardsPlanting Poetry, Ministry of Stories http://edcornish.com/Planting-Poetry-Environmental