I'm an award winning freelance Creative Director, Art Director, Designer, Videographer, Animator, and Artist with eighteen years of experience in creative. My client roster encompasses NBCUniversal, Paramount brands including Comedy Central and MTV, AMC Networks, Food Network, the New York Post, People, Entertainment Weekly, the Upright Citizens Brigade, Edelman, AKA, Situation, VidMob, and many other entertainment and media brands and agencies. My experience includes key art, print and digital design, stop motion and experimental video, motion graphics, content creation, and everything in between. I'm a strong collaborator who enhances visual and narrative projects with personality, spirit, character, and humor. I'm in the process of launching Blazing Fig, a stop motion and experimental video studio that embraces analog creative processes as fresh and unique creative approaches within evolving modern landscapes. Work samples are available at www.elizabethstarkey.com.
- T.J.Maxx & Marshalls Social ContentAs part of Edelman’s social team for TJX, I concepted and directed social content for both T.J.Maxx and Marshalls. Leading much of the creative ideation and social content creation for Instagram, I played a key role in establishing a strong relationship between agency and clients. Select Instagram video and still photography content is featured here, much of it incorporating stop motion animation. Below the Instagram examples are select TikTok videos to which I contributed as art director. T.J.M
- Isle of MTVThese designs were created to support the Isle of MTV live event. The teaser GIF was used on social media to announce DNCE's performance, referencing the song "Cake by the Ocean". The countdown and talent images were used to promote the event on social media. Live GIFs of the concert were created and posted during the event.
- Comedy Central's The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper Glitch PortraitsThese images are from a series of portraits of the journalists for Comedy Central's The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper. Original photos were shot by Mary Ellen Matthews and manually manipulated by me through Photoshop to achieve the glitch effects.
- Power In Numbers“Power In Numbers” is a stop motion music video that I directed, produced, and edited for Second Shift. This well-received video won several awards including the Paper Magazine & Jack Spade Un-Hollywood Digital Film Contest, and it screened at a number of film festivals, venues, and on television.
- The New York Post & Ronzoni Pasta AnimationShapes and the City was created with Post Studios as sponsored web content for Ronzoni, with New York facts, pasta recipes, motion graphics, and more. The first video features seven short motion graphic pieces that I animated and composed, bringing to life original illustrations by Nick Fesinstine. The second video showcases the animation in context on the New York Post website. Play speed and frame display are controlled by scroll position to integrate the animation throughout the web experienc
+ View all
Freelance Creative Director, Art Director, Designer, Videographer, Animator, and ArtistFreelance (self-employed)
New York, United StatesFreelance
• Lead and collaborate upon original creative solutions across television, print publications, out-of-home and experiential advertising, and social media projects, including key art, content creation, motion design and animation, advertising design, and web experiences • Execute multifaceted video projects from conception to completion with experience directing, producing, writing, animating, and editing award-winning videos, including stop motion animation, live action, and motion graphics for use on-air, in digital experiences, and on social media platforms including Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok • Propel visual and narrative creative with personality, spirit, character, and humor • Fulfill diverse creative needs of notable clients: NBCUniversal, Paramount brands including Comedy Central and MTV, AMC Networks, Food Network, the New York Post, People, Entertainment Weekly, the Upright Citizens Brigade, Edelman, AKA, Situation, VidMob, and many other entertainment and media brands and agencies
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Stop Motion
- Graphic Design
- Video Directing
- Motion Graphics
- Content Creatiion