As an award-winning freelance Creative Director, Art Director, Video Director, Animator, Designer, and Artist, I specialize in social media, short-form video, and design for entertainment and media brands. Nineteen years of hands-on experience includes leading and collaborating upon a variety of creative projects ranging from video and animation to print and digital design. With a proclivity for unconventional, whimsically rebellious creative that boldly harnesses offbeat visuals, humor, and nostalgia, my aesthetic appeals to a youthful, contemporary audience. My client roster encompasses NBCUniversal, Paramount brands including Comedy Central and MTV, the New York Post, Entertainment Weekly, the Upright Citizens Brigade, Edelman, Movement Strategy, AKA, VidMob, and many other brands and agencies. Work samples are available at www.elizabethstarkey.com. I'm currently in the process of establishing a solid foundation for Blazing Fig, a playfully disruptive creative studio that helps clients stay relevant, fresh, and unique in a crowded media landscape while creating opportunities to engage with and charm fans and followers through unexpected techniques like stop motion, experimental live-action, and practical effects. While initially focusing on strategically subversive short-form social content, the studio's offerings will expand to include music videos, bumpers, commercials, and more. To support a successful launch, I recently completed a comprehensive small business program through the QEDC and a FastTrac NewVenture program through the NYC SBS.
- T.J.Maxx & Marshalls Social ContentAs part of Edelman’s social team for TJX, I concepted and directed social content for both T.J.Maxx and Marshalls. Leading much of the creative ideation and social content creation for Instagram, I played a key role in establishing a strong relationship between agency and clients. Select Instagram video and still photography content is featured here, much of it incorporating stop motion animation. Below the Instagram examples are select TikTok videos to which I contributed as art director. T.J.M
- Bravo’s Below Deck and Below Deck Adventure Social ContentAs Creative Director for Movement Strategy’s Bravo account, I led concepting and production of social creative for season ten of the network’s hit yachting series Below Deck and the first season of spin-off Below Deck Adventure. Our team created dozens of photo and video assets tailored to Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter, pivoting throughout each season to continually improve performance and engagement while incorporating popular and emerging social trends and platform-native features.
- Comedy Central's The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper Glitch PortraitsThese images are from a series of portraits of the journalists for Comedy Central's The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper. Original photos were shot by Mary Ellen Matthews and manually manipulated by me through Photoshop to achieve the glitch effects.
- Power In Numbers“Power In Numbers” is a stop motion music video that I directed, produced, and edited for Second Shift. This well-received video won several awards including the Paper Magazine & Jack Spade Un-Hollywood Digital Film Contest, and it screened at a number of film festivals, venues, and on television.
- Isle of MTVThese designs were created to support the Isle of MTV live event. The teaser GIF was used on social media to announce DNCE's performance, referencing the song "Cake by the Ocean". The countdown and talent images were used to promote the event on social media. Live GIFs of the concert were created and posted during the event.
+ View all
Creative Director and FounderBlazing Fig
New York, United StatesFreelance
• Establish a solid foundation for an unconventional and subversive video studio through research, strategy, leadership, and an arsenal of creative knowledge and hands-on experience • Develop custom creative, from attention-grabbing social content and unusual ads to mesmerizing music videos, bumpers, and more, tailored to the unique goals and needs of each client while incorporating best practices for evolving media platforms • Empower partners to bravely but delightfully stand out in a crowded media landscape by producing disruptive, memorable short-form video content that embraces stop motion animation, experimental live-action, unexpected analog techniques, captivating practical effects, and playful humor to entertain, engage, and build valuable, lasting relationships with fans and followers
Freelance Creative Director, Art Director, Designer, Videographer, Animator, and ArtistFreelance (self-employed)
New York, United StatesFreelance
• Lead and collaborate upon original creative solutions across television, social media, print, out-of-home, and experiential projects, including key art, content creation, motion design and animation, and advertising design • Execute multifaceted video projects from conception to completion with experience directing, producing, writing, animating, and editing award-winning, engaging short-form videos, including stop motion animation, live action, and motion graphics for use on-air and for social media platforms • Captivate audiences and propel engagement through custom video and animation content that embraces personality, spirit, character, humor, and strategic experimentation • Fulfill diverse creative needs of notable clients: NBCUniversal, Paramount brands including Comedy Central, MTV, and Nickelodeon, AMC Networks, Food Network, the New York Post, People, Entertainment Weekly, Edelman, Movement Strategy, AKA, Situation, VidMob, and many other entertainment and media brands and agencies
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Stop Motion
- Graphic Design
- Video Directing
- Motion Graphics
- Content Creatiion