I'm Elle Shoel, a creative concept designer, art director & trend forecaster. My clients have included: The Hawley Arms (event conceptualisation & production), Circe (creative direction & graphic design), Blood Red Shoes (graphic design), Unique Style Platform as Fashion Trend Editor, Boots Beauty as Graphic Designer, House Of Fraser as Creative Concept Designer and Print & Graphic Designer. I drive creative concept, marketing & event campaigns, brand direction, social media design, trend research, graphic design and art direction.
- Heartbreak Hotel - 1980's prom party themed eventI recently launched an immersive party with my friend and artistic collaborator called Heartbreak Hotel - we threw our first event on Valentine's Day at the iconic Hawley Arms: an immersive 80's prom party. I conceptualised & created all graphics and branding for the event. "Elle & Alexa aka HEARTBREAK HOTEL invite u to spend Valentine's Day with us ♥♥♥ come party with us at our 80's prom night at The Hawley ♥♥♥ u can expect the best of 80's pop n rock (we will be on the decks duh), prom queenz
- BAD EXPERIENCE: feminist fashion piece & photoshoot with Molly RodriguezI created a reactionary art piece to my own BAD EXPERIENCE, a hand painted vintage leather jacket (and subsequent digitally printed faux leather skirts), emblazoned with the slogan BAD EXPERIENCE. It’s not a revenge piece of art - it’s a piece of art that claims back some of my agency in the situation, and gives others who’ve been wronged something of a voice. It’s an actually feminist message, that represents all the bad experiences we endure without a voice. I then collaborated with photograph
- Ryan Lo Studio SS14 (Fashion East)- Styling assistance (working with Coline Bach and Robbie Spencer), including attending castings and fit sessions. - Fabric sourcing, following the critical path to make sure that all garments were ready for the LFW show. - Project management at the London Fashion Week show to ensure the collection arrived and showed on time. - Wardrobe & sample organization to ensure the fit sessions ran smoothly. - Creating the press pack in InDesign, which entailed sourcing original photographs and credit fro
+ Show more
Creative DesignerHouse of Fraser
London, United KingdomFull Time
- Act as the core of the ‘creative hub’ of the business, where new, fresh, game-changing ideas are generated. - Create VISION for House of Fraser: individual brand concept, product, collaborations, campaigns, brand alignment, social media. Achieved through knowledge and constant assessment of current zeitgeist, commerciality, travel and creativity. - Utilize culture to influence decisions across all departments. - To CHALLENGE ideas with innovative new perspectives. - To bring INSPIRATION and CREATIVITY to HOF in a format easily translatable across departments, presenting to directors, stores and teams. - Formulate and express to teams an overarching concept or concepts for a certain collection and the label as a whole.
Graphic DesignerBlood Red Shoes
- Brighton, United KingdomFreelance
Commissioned by Brighton band Blood Red Shoes to design the typography for their album artwork - 'Get Tragic'. Worked with the band to hand draw and digitally manipulate the type to be in the Miami-sign style they desired. The type is used across their cassette, CD, vinyl, deluxe vinyl, website, social, badges and jackets.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Brand Development
- Fashion Direction
- Adobe Photoshop
- Creative Styling
- Trend Forecasting
- Trend Analysis
- Trend Prediction
1st Class BA (hons.) Contemporary Applied Arts, Specialising in Printed Textiles for FashionUniversity of Cumbria
- Carlisle, United Kingdom
- Creating a commercial product from scratch, following a critical path. Understanding the full product journey through use of my practical creative skills. - Market awareness training; including trend forecasting, press releases, website design & coding, costing a collection & retail mark ups, detailed analysis of both brands and trends. - Gained high grades for my presentations, both individually and as a group. Feedback was that I am skilled in “immersing [the viewer] into the collection”. - Created a disseration entitled “What is the future for printed fashion fabrics?”