- Daily pitches and feature writing for the digital magazine site - Assisting with styling and shopping pages for the magazine - Keeping to tight daily and weekly deadlines - Organising the Great Grazia Foundation Challenge - Interviewing industry brands and professionals, including Val Garland - Social media management with the magazines Facebook and Instagram, as well as keeping track of weekly social reaches
- Assisting the womenswear and menswear teams with shoot preparation, and research, as well as on set - Finding new, young designers for the magazine to collaborate with - Calling in samples and liasing with PRs - Collecting and returning samples from PR companies
- Providing braids for festival goers in a fast-paced environment - Marketing the Aussie brand through providing knowledge to customers about their newest products
- Social media analytics. - Communicating with a team. - Designing and creating model cards.
- Having knowledge of the brand, products, and make-up. - Finding products that suit clients and demonstrating on them. - Providing make-up consultations for customers. - Having knowledge of make-up trends.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the business. - Overseeing and finalising all creative decisions (braiding styles, menus, leaflets and social media layouts). - Building a team. - Creating braids upon customers requests and to suit their hair type. - Working in a fast-paced environment. - Having knowledge of key trends. - Delivering high quality customer service.
Modules included: - Concept Development - A unit that focused on developing innovative products and methods, to then be presented to industry brands, such as IBM. - Creative Direction - A unit that collaborated with IBM to finalise and realise the outcome of the proposed product from Concept Development. - Major Project - An opportunity to demonstrate the technical and creative skills through which I created an innovative beauty publication, BARE magazine.
Modules included: - Freelance and Industry Management - A unit that covered the importance of promoting skills and services within the creative industry and to clients. - Make-up and Hair for Fashion and Beauty - A unit based around a chosen brand to create new versions and ideas for that specific brand. - Professional Context - A unit that focused on the future of the fashion and beauty industries and trend forecasting, encouraging one to learn around the subject and put it into practice within aspects of work.