Professional and playful creative with a background in Performance Design, Fine Art and dance based in Kent and London. Demonstrable skills in facilitating and designing workshops for all ages and abilities, such as improvisation with older participants, art making with young families and mindfulness for office workers. Experienced in supporting projects, exhibitions and events in contemporary art, performance and participation. Freelance work consists of workshops, graphic design, illustration, photography, narration, scrip-editing, producing, performing, dancing, installations and visual merchandising. Background in high-end retail delivering excellent customer service, producing exciting visual merchandising and supervising staff. Interested in developing skills in visual merchandising, styling, set design, set decorating, graphic design, illustration, workshop facilitation and mindfulness. Looking for work in: -Participatory Arts organisations -Learning and engagement departments -Contemporary performance/theatre companies -Art departments -Well-being and mental health groups -Creative, sustainable and vintage retail As an artist, I create multi-sensory and site-specific performances, installations, participatory experiences and workshops. Working with dance, improvisation, sculpture, projection art, drawing, collage, video, photography, printmaking, textiles, poetry and spoken word, sound and scents. Experience of dancing from a young age in Ballet, Tap, Modern Jazz, Lyrical and more recently in Latin, Contemporary and Swing. Instagram: @elly_ruthers
- Opening the door: A report on Generations 3 by Hannah Zeilig (2020)Used Adobe Photoshop to design the document 'Opening the door- A report on Generations 3' written by Hannah Zeilig about the project 'Generations 3'. Created eye-catching visual content reflective of the project and effective layouts. The intergenerational project consisted of improvisation workshops between BA & MA Performance Design & Practice students with older participants from All Change and Camden Peoples Theatre at Central Saint Martins in early 2020.
- Excuse me, you've dropped your spring onions (2020)Two isolated individuals burst into kitchenware warfare whilst dancing a polka with vegetables. A comedic semi-improvised performance in collaboration with Fanis Sakellariou, live from kitchens in Kent and Athens. Performed online at 'Domestic' presented by Word of Warning on Zoom in October 2020.
- Swan Spuds: Tactile Meditation Sculptures (2020)Soft, interactive sculptures designed to prompt playful performative actions and exercise the hands, considering the benefits of touch on well-being. They were due to be used in the mindfulness and object-based workshop I designed called 'Midday Pause' for the finance department of University of the Arts London in March 2019.
- Marvellade: Performative Installation (2019)A performative participatory installation of interactive orange hoops in Globe Town Market Square, as part of the F_able Navigates: another space, another time Art Walk Night on Roman Road in November 2019. The space was reimagined as a fantasy marmalade festival, created by winged oranges the night before. Visitors were then invited by Paddington Bear to interact with the hoops and embody the spirit of the flying citrus fruit. Documented by Yuan Yue and Nina Klaff and edited by myself.
+ View all
Triennial HostCreative Folkestone
Folkestone, United KingdomFull Time
Supporting the Folkestone Triennial 'The Plot': large-scale, site-specific art exhibition located around the town. Invigilating artworks, helping the public engage with contemporary art and the town. Providing practical information and selling merchandise.
- Rolvenden, Cranbrook, UKFull Time
Supported the Wealden Times Midsummer Fair at Hole Park as a Covid Marshal. Monitored crowd capacity, ensured visitors and exhibitors followed government guidelines and assisted with packing down the event.
+ Show more
- Workshop Facilitation
- Set Design
- Art Performance
- Video Art
- Visual Merchandising
- Interactive Installations
- Sculpture Design
+ Show more