King is an award-winning Director and Executive Producer. Her body of work, noted for it’s "curation and fluency in the subversive" - has a focus on telling powerful human stories that foreground marginalised voices. Previous titles include: 'Kids Behind Bars' (ITV ), Divorce Clinic (BBC), Acid Attacks (VICE/BBC) and 'JME x Corbyn' and 'Gurls Talk with Adwoa Aboah' (i-D). King’s work has garnered over 100 million views and crossed digital and all major terrestrial platforms including BBC, Channel 4, ITV, MTV, A&E and Al Jazeera English - exhibiting in The ICA, Tate Britain and MoAD. Also an alumni of the Edinburgh television festivals’ Ones to Watch scheme and Sheffield Documentary Festival ‘Future Producers’. In 2018 King was recognised for ‘Outstanding achievement’ in Campaign magazine's list of female leaders defining creativity. King co-founded Women on Docs, a screening collective and event network celebrating the contribution of women to documentary film.
- NIKE WOMENFilm for the latest Nike sports bra collection director Eloise King depicts featured artists including Belen Leroux in a dream-like sequence set to a commissioned poem written and performed by Abondance Matanda, with original music composition by Asriel Hayes - to celebrate the strength and capability of female bodies.
- Gurls TalkModel, actress and cover star of i-D’s Female Gaze Issue Adwoa Aboah is on a mission to get girls across the world to open up about mental health, body image and sexuality through her project Gurls Talk. In our new three-part series, we travel with the young advocate to LA, to meet the city's strong and powerful women making a stand for change.
- UglyWorldWide and the Pioneers Transforming New York's Real Beauty IndustryBeyond Beauty, brought to you by Instagram sensation @uglyworldwide, AKA 22-year-old Jazzelle Zanaughtti. For Jazzelle, beauty is more than just the way you look, it's exploring how you can transform yourself; a form of meditation, self exploration and expression that lead to Jazelle discovering her own inner peace.
- Exclusive Access Inside Fashion EastIn i-D’s latest documentary, we’re given exclusive behind-the-runway access to Fashion East, getting the inside scoop from the talent incubator’s alumni, current designers and stars of the future. We spend a season together with Lulu Kennedy MBE, the founder and director of Fashion East, and her loyal team to uncover business secrets of the industry, and how to make it as a successful fashion designer. With the sharpest eyes in the business, Fashion East is the non-profit mentorship scheme tha
+ View all
Projects credited in
- International Women’s Day 2020, meet 100 trailblazers redefining the creative industryAt The Dots, International Women’s Day isn’t just a day – it’s a whole month! A time to take over the site and shine a light on the women and non-binary people redefining the creator landscape. For #IWD2020, we asked industry leaders to nominate the trailblazing women and non-binary people they think will redefine the creative and digital industries over the coming years. The list we’ve put together is one that beams with brilliant, talented people and their dedication to positive change. Book161
- PITCH COOLCreative Direction, Photography and Filmmaking. Directed a short-documentary series featuring these inspiring creatives: Director Eloise King, Creative John Ogunmuyiwa, the Up Town Yardie Founders and Creative Director Sherina Florence Collaborated with founder & editor Sherry Collins on the curation of artists featured.
- i-D Global Street Style: KievFollowing a country-wide revolution, i-D produced a documentary about youth culture in Ukraine's capital Kiev to meet the country's younger generations and explore how nightlife and creativity come to play an important role in their lives. Celebrating how crisis can breed creativity, the 15-minute documentairy aimed to provide an understanding of what it's like to grow up in a country undergoing a revolution with a specific focus on youth culture and creativity. Responsible for originating and
- The Dots Directing, Videography & Filmmaking Portfolio Masterclass at VICEOn the 28th June 2017, we hosted a Directing, Videography & Filmmaking Portfolio Masterclass at VICE. This was to give up-and-coming directors, producers, scriptwriters and more the chance to get their work reviewed by some of the UK’s most respected creatives. The event was supported by Squarespace, Shutterstock & MOO.15
+ Show more