- My Body Is My TemplePieces from an ongoing personal personal project named 'My Body Is My Temple.' In the series i focus on the deep rooted connection that exists between females & nature as a form of women's empowerment. In some of the pieces I explore the way in which immersing ourselves in nature can benefit our mental wellbeing. In others i focus on areas of the female form that are often perceived as imperfect. I hope that by attempting to reinvent these flaws through the use of natural forms, such as plants
- First In The FightI Illustrated a portrait of Shena Simon, published in 'First in The Fight' book, which highlights the lives of twenty women who shaped Manchester. These are the same twenty women whose statues are beginning to be built across the city as part of the 'Womanchester Project,' including Emmeline Pankhurst. Twenty Manchester based female illustrators were asked to illustrate each of the women by 'Women In Print.'
- Infernal Sounds Record Sleeve ArtworkI have been designing record sleeve art & vinyl centre labels for bass music record label 'Infernal Sounds' for the last few years. The record label now has a catalogue of almost 25 vinyl releases, 9 of which I've designed. Sometimes the producers already have an idea in mind which they ask me to work with, and other times they are happy for me to just listen to the music and interpret it visually. Either way I think it's so important to listen to the music over and over, to really get a feel fo
- UKBM x Emily Dayson T-ShirtCollaboration with UK Bass Music where I was asked to design a T-shirt based on the theme 'What Music Means To Me.' My idea evolved from a passion for bass music & soundsystem culture, where I wanted to capture the unique sub-bass feeling and positive energy which are so unique to the genre. The T-shirt was available on Everpress for three weeks through September 2019.
- IFS Branding & MerchandiseLogo & merchandise re-brand for bass music record label 'Infernal Sounds,' for which I developed a minimal infernal themed concept. The designs have been used across all social media platforms, and are continuously printed onto each vinyl release, along with a range of merchandise.
Projects credited in
- First In The Fight x Women In PrintFollowing the Womanchester Statue Project, Women In Print and iNostaglia wanted to celebrate all the women on the longlist with the Fight In The Fight Project. Celebrating 20 influential and radical Mancunian women illustrated by 20 Mancunian illustrators. My assignment was Mary Quaile, an Irish-born female socialist and trade unionist from Manchester born in the late 1800's.
Freelance Illustrator & DesignerInfernal Sounds
Manchester, United KingdomFreelance
I design artwork and promotional material for Independent Bass Music Record Label 'Infernal Sounds.' This ranges from merchandise and vinyl release artwork, to event posters and social media material. I am responsible for overseeing visual branding & marketing of the label, as well as creating and finalising creative work.
Freelance IllustratorEmily Dayson
Cheshire East, UKFreelance
I take on a wide range of Illustration work including Album Artwork, Merchandise Design, Editorial, Packaging Design, Book Cover Design, Greeting Cards, and more. I also work on personal projects in my spare time.
+ Show more
- Design for Visual Communication
- Art Direction
- Conceptual and Creative Thinking
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
BA(Hons) Illustration with AnimationManchester Metropolitan Universirty
- Manchester, United Kingdom
A course that teaches you a range of strategies and skills to solve visual communication problems, through both traditional and digital techniques. Experimentation and exploration is encouraged in order to find a unique and authorial visual language.