An award-winning designer from London, Emily solves problems through design, tells stories with data and provides clarity through visual simplicity. She has over a decade of experience working with partners of various sizes, industries and backgrounds, creating engaging multi-screen solutions, experiences and visualisations.
- THE INFOGRAPHIC ALPHABETThis is an ongoing personal project. A series of explainer graphics on various topics using a limited colour palette and restrictive space. I started the series as a way to push the limits of what I’m creatively used to and allow myself to be more playful outside of work commissions.
- BLOOD CANCER INTERACTIVEI was commissioned by M&F Health to create an interactive for Blood Cancer Awareness Month, showing prevalence, incidence and deaths through blood cancer within England. The visualisation provides an overview of blood cancer stats and through interaction with the chloropleth map or list, allows users to explore and compare the data in depth across CCGS (Clinical Commissioning Groups).
- FLAVOUR THESAURUS VISUALISATIONI wanted to explore a visual way of explaining the concepts in Niki Signit’s The Flavour Thesaurus as I loved the book but found the lack of visuals made it difficult to navigate. I used proportional circles for each flavour category and then again for the ingredients within the categories to show the most versatile ingredients, illustrating each of the ingredients and laying them out as a poster. As well as being beautiful and engaging, it is also a useful visual reference with a user being a
- RIBA GRENFELL INFOGRAPHICIn the wake of the Grenfell fire, RIBA commissioned me to create an infographic to communicate their recommendations to the UK Government to prevent a similar disaster from occurring. I used an architectural schematic-style for the main illustration, icons to represent each of the recommendations, along with a table of comparisons to other countries’ building regulations.
+ View all
Senior Freelance DesignerMas Studio
London, United KingdomFreelance
An award-winning designer from London, Emily solves problems through design, tells stories with data and provides clarity through visual simplicity. She has over a decade of experience working with partners of various sizes, industries and backgrounds, creating engaging multi-screen solutions, experiences and visualisations. Portfolio: https://www.emily-maguire.com
Lead Information Designerinfogr8
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Designed and developed interactive experiences, infographics, data visualisations, presentations and diagrams from data analysis, through to initial sketches and final deliverable. Presented and pitched ideas to clients, working with them to identify their needs and the needs of their users.
+ Show more
- Web Design
- Logo Design
- UX Design
- Visual Design
- Keynote Powerpoint
- Data Visualisation
- Information Design
- Digital Design
- Presentation Design
- Branding Design
- Icon Design
- Designed Logos