I'm a Fine Art graduate from Norwich University of the Arts. My current practice explores the engagement with perception and space through design, film and curation. With an aspired career in Creative Direction, I am looking for opportunities to build a skill set in aiding my visual communication.
- SolidaritySolidarity is a collaborative film series created in light of the cancellation of our degree show. Myself and a fellow student Daniel Randall collaborated with performance artists to provide a platform that presented their visuals within alternative environments, developing their interactions into new narratives. We directed Coral Ghost, Nest and At Dark reflecting strength and power in times of isolation and social withdrawal. The process not only kept up our morale but also that of those invol
- WindowWindow (2020), engages with the window as a framing device, one that can curate and control overlooked moments. The structure acts as a threshold barrier, an obstruction that draws connections as well as challenges the relationship between its internal and external surroundings. Through cut out pathways, it guides and limits the participants’ movement. Once within the external is framed. Unable to materialise, I digitally placed the structure within environments, some ordinary, some extreme.
- VanityVanity (2019) co-directed with Kim Ryan, is a collaborative film that explores themes of reflection and self-expression. A protagonist that is dressed in Kim's painted costume interacts with my staggered mirrored structure, distorting and duplicating her figure into a broken identity. She becomes intrigued by her own warped reflection and unconventional wear. Her and her multiples then replicate these forms and colours onto the skin. The film highlights one's own fragmented image and influenc
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- IN/EXIN/EX is a collaborative project currently funded through a mentoring programme by Collusion, Arts Council England, and Norwich University of the Arts. The project aims to use XR (mixed reality) to culminate elements of each of the three artists' practices into a singular immersive environment that can be accessed from a viewers home, a response to the current climate and lock-down procedures.
- Nationwide Degree Show: The Kate Byran CurationThe Nationwide Degree Show is a collection of work from art & design students, who's final year shows have been cancelled due to COVID19. What started as an initiative by Fresh Meet to plaster billboards across the UK with student work, has now resulted in an online collection of over 1000 submissions from over 100 universities and 17 creative disciplines. The Curation Series is a programme of student work selected by industry leaders, creative pioneers and trendsetters. Below you will find a5
Funded Art Project - In/ExCollusion
Norwich, United KingdomFreelance
In/Ex is a collaborative project exploring immersion through the use of virtual reality. We recently obtained a 2-month mentoring and bursary scheme with Collusion, a not-for-profit arts organisation that works at the intersection of arts, technology and human interaction, funded by Arts Council England. Alongside two other students, we propose to combine each of our creative practices to create a surreal AR environment accessible in the home.
Studio AssitantDyad Creative
- Norwich, United KingdomInternship
This involved helping to develop, maintain and curate residency programmes, alongside the general maintenance, administrative tasks, and day-to-day running of the studios.
- Interactive Installations
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Community Art
- Art Direction