- Culture Calling | An Essential Guide To The Wallace CollectionThe Wallace Collection is nothing short of an Amalthean horn of Old Masters, period furniture, and illustrious goodies. The Italianate columns make way for dazzling chandeliers and a luscious interior peppered with Rembrandts, Van Dycks, Fragonards, and Poussins. Here’s Culture Calling's guide to making the most of this most captivating of art collections, enchanté… August 2020
- Culture Calling | The Most Exciting Instrumental Albums Out Right NowThese albums are on another level to elevator music, you won’t find a jazz flute solo or Herb Alpert track in sight, but wall to wall of the best instrumental LPs released over the last year. For Culture Calling March 2020. https://www.culturecalling.com/uk/features/the-most-exciting-instrumental-albums-out-right-now
- Culture Calling | A Guide to Virginia Woolf in Kent and SussexModernist maven and writer of some of the most sumptuously rich love letters in the English language, Virginia Woolf is an icon of literary proportions. So take a page out of her book and swap the cacophonous rush of city life for the green pastures of the countryside whilst dutifully brandishing a copy of Mrs Dalloway in hand. August 2020
- Culture Calling | Top Theatre Live-Streams Bringing the Stage to your Living RoomFor those of us theatre buffs in need of a room with a view, there is a virtual smorgasbord emerging daily as the biggest and brightest make every effort to keep actors treading the boards as we spread out on the sofa. I put together a piece on the first emerging theatre live streams in response to the Covid-19 pandemic in April 2020. https://www.culturecalling.com/uk/features/theatre-live-streams-bringing-the-stage-to-your-living-room
- Culture Calling | The Best Books To Teach You How To Cook At HomeOn opening the following recipe books you may feel as if you've been transported onto the set of MasterChef: The Professionals, but rest assured a salivating Greg Wallace won’t unexpectedly materialise in your kitchen mouth agape and spoon to the air. Here are our top picks for cookbooks that pack in a lot of personality as well as that all-important gustatory punch. A list of my top cookbooks with a hearty seasoning of personality for Culture Calling, March 2020. https://www.culturecalling.co
+ Show more
Editorial AssistantCulture Calling
London, United KingdomFull Time
Writing arts and culture articles for an online publication, writing features for prominent and high-profile art galleries, theatres, and venues, as well as up-coming artists and performers. Impeccable grammar, generating article ideas, fast paced editing, and in-depth research. A role that required me to think on the spot and work especially intuitively.
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Writing engaging and informative travel area guides for international customers, a very independent role on tight deadlines, requiring strong time-keeping skills, detailed research, and organisation.
+ Show more
English Literature BA (Hons)University of York
- York, United Kingdom
• First-class Dissertation • English BA (Hons) – 2:1 • Artistic contributor to University of York’s English PEN Charity Centre • The Shepherd Group Award for Student Volunteering, ‘Highly Commended’ • Student Ambassador
The Shepherd Group Awards for Student VolunteeringUniversity of YorkIn 2014 I was awarded 'highly commended' by 'The Shepherd Group Awards for Student Volunteering'. I volunteered as part of a small team given the objective to create an engaging poster and interactive installation for the Tour de France Cultural Festival in York. My training involved a masterclass programme, story collecting and delivering a presentation to a panel. Our final project was exhibited alongside a performance of 'Bike Story' by 509 Arts, a professional theatre group.