• Providing admin support for MAP; a charity that provides Music, Arts and Production qualifications to children who do not fit into mainstream education. • Constructing press releases, briefs for volunteers, advertisements and summaries from MAP’s business plan. • Working with the Managing Director to implement plan to fundraise £2.4 million by 2019.
• Translating current themes in music culture by documenting the way in which our experience of music is evolving. • Articles include, The Lost Art of Listening, The Rise of The VJ and Musical Map; Cities of the World - (www.emmachristinarice.com/words/).
• Organising filmed and recorded live music events in student living rooms across the city. Coordinating and training student volunteers in video editing, online promotion and live event management.
• Delivering small group tuition to GCSE students in under-privileged high schools across Leeds. • Setting realistic learning objects and using interactive and creative activities to help students fulfil their potential.
• Writing feature articles concerning current affairs and showbiz to be published on their online platform, SNAPPA. • Attending and contributing board meetings where ideas to creatively captivate a young audience were generated.
• Leading a team of over fifty student volunteers in compiling a weekly playlist of the newest releases in the music industry. • Communicating with international promotion agencies, working with bands and managers to organise interviews and press passes.
• 2 Weeks working as a Creative at Ware Anthony Rust advertising agency. Attending board meetings, working with clients and learning to use editing software on photoshop.
First Class Honors (1:1) • Developed an analytical approach to viewing both literature and other forms of writing and a clear and informed writing style, both creative and critical. • Developed the ability to annotate both literature and the visual arts through a creative and informed writing style. • Dissertation: 13,000 word deconstruction of perceptions of gender in Nigeria. Winner of the 2016 Lionel Cliffe Prize. Undergoing annotations for publication.
Dissertation: 13,000 word deconstruction of perceptions of gender in Nigeria. Winner of the 2016 Lionel Cliffe Prize. Undergoing annotations for publication.