Multilingual dynamic and creative Multilingual dynamic and creative recent NFTS graduate with extensive experience in the film, television and publishing industries. Passionate about exciting projects with strong international commercial appeal. Keen interest in sales, acquisitions and development. Excellent administration, research, communication and negotiation skills, as well as good experience in development, production, sales, acquisitions, marketing, project and event management, business development, translation and interpreting. Spanish, Catalan, English, French, and basic Danish and Portuguese speaker.Locked Pro Plan feature
Key services include: script reading and coverage; script development; talent development; creative project development and production; research; proofreading; translation www.estercatala.com
* contracted + Executive assistant duties, including diary and email management, travel arrangements, meetings research and prep, logging projects status, managing payments, office management + Working across film and TV development and production, including Netflix's Sense 8 (s. 2); and including assisting with finance and legal matters + Coordinating development, production, sales and distribution queries + Coordinating content on website and social media channels + Coordinating the development slate, helping to identify projects with potential; helping with packaging, helping with writer, agent, lawyer or funder matters + Script reading and book coverage; producing script and development notes; writing talent, crew and potential collaborator lists for internal use; meeting writers, directors, developers, and other industry professionals, keeping up to date and attending relevant industry events
* temporary assistant / paid intern position + Assisting with marketing and communication activities, including film release campaigns + Assisting with content marketing, events and partnership development + Working with design, product and programming teams to produce copy and visual assets + Keeping files up to date; updating content for the company's website; running errands
* temporary contract + Script and book reading and reporting; producing development notes + Coordinating the packaging process of films in development; helped raise European public finance on a Czech feature film + Meeting writers, directors and agents; attending relevant industry events + Coordinating Portobello Film Sales and distribution queries + Diary and office management
* This role was initially an assistant position. Responsibilities and a promotion took place a year into the role. + Coordinating the project management of artists' film productions (FLAMIN Productions scheme) and broadcast commissions, including shorts for Channel 4's Random Acts - from submission, development and through to delivery. This included assessing projects and taking part in selection meetings and interviews + Coordinating the project management of 'New Approaches', a pilot development programme, with funding from Creative Skillset, for artist filmmakers wanting to make their first feature. Undertaking research and exploring European funding opportunities for the next editions + Developing the design and structures for future development and production schemes for artist filmmakers + Writing press releases, helping with website and social media, and designing pitching and presentation materials for the department + Coordinating the administration of outputs required for FLAMIN and Film London funders + Coordinating all aspects of the FLAMIN programme of activity + Administrating departmental finance procedure including invoices, purchase orders, tracking payments + Delivering administration and project coordination for projects (e.g. workshops, seminars, events, advice sessions, talent development courses, talent development and mentoring) + Assisting with the organisation of the annual Film London Jarman Award and Touring Programme + Representing FLAMIN and Film London at screenings, markets and events; and providing relevant feedback to the department + Executive assistant duties (to the Head of FLAMIN and the FLAMIN Senior Manager), including diary management and travel arrangements
* Seven-month contract, after which Ester was recommended for a new role within Film London - see above. + The Production Finance Market (PFM) is a film financing event held every year in association with the BFI London Film Festival. + Supporting the PFM team by logging and processing applications, answering queries, organising selection meetings + Liaising with the Communications department and coordinating content for the PFM catalogue + Assisting the Project Manager with the meeting scheduling for UK and international producers and financiers attending the market, liaising with market attendees, assisting with the organisation of accreditation badges (design, creation and production) + Assisting in the organisation of the Welcome Reception and in the running of the market + Assisting in post-event administration - reporting, sending evaluation forms, etc.
+ Managing deliverables and liaising with distributors, producers, filmmakers, festivals and film buyers + Coordinating attendance to festivals and markets (arranging meetings and schedules, film screenings, accreditation, travel, accommodation, etc.) + Organising invoices and dealing with contract and payment queries
Director's Assistant during pre-production on "The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box' (2013). Director: Jonathan Newman; Producers: Entertainment Motion Pictures and Arcadia Motion Pictures. Duties included: + Attending all Heads of Department meetings (casting director and auditions, special effects, art department, costume design, DoP, etc.) - preparing for meetings, taking minutes, organising presentations + Managing the diary of the director - arranging meetings and following up; organising travel arrangements; managing budgets and cash; undertaking research; managing contracts.
+ Researching and promoting films through different social media channels and updating content for the company's website + Writing press releases, finding potential international venues / partners for Picturehouse Entertainment's Alternative Content works + Attending the company's weekly meetings and recording minutes + Liaising with UK-based and International distributors - managing successful delivery of materials and answering all queries when required + Attending sales and press screenings
+ Acting as first point of contact for all development and production enquiries + Logging in submissions, giving feedback on scripts and undertaking research for films in development + Assisting with films in production - booking crew and equipment; coordinating travel and accommodation for cast and crew; securing locations; liaising with Heads of Departments; managing accounts, budgets and cash; processing purchase orders and invoices; creating call sheets; ensuring insurance and Risk Assessment were in place and accurate + Assisting with films in post-production + Managing deliverables and festival submissions + General office administration + Executive assistant duties (for the company's three producers)
Managed international sales and co-editions in Asia, Middle East, Europe, South America and the Caribbean. * The role started assisting the Managing Director, Sales Director and international Sales Manager. Responsibilities grew six months after joining the company. Moved on from this role in order to pursue a career in film and TV.
Provided translation of business and technical texts, as well as simultaneous interpreting in business meetings and trade fairs. Translation of business and technical texts. * Companies included TYMEX - Shanghai Foreign Trade Enterprises Co.
Perfected script development skills, from script reporting and finding writing talent, to collaborating with screenwriters and handling development meetings. For her final project, Ester worked with talented writer-director Andrea Niada, developing his psychological horror feature script.
Gained good overview of how the global and UK film industry operates; as well as a good understanding of the different types of producers (creative, line and financial producer). The final project and pitch taught Ester how to market herself in the field. A short screenwriting course gave her an overview of the screenwriting craft.
Thorough study of film theory and history. Ester also produced, directed and edited a short film – an invaluable experience that allowed her to put all she had learned about film into practice. Dissertation: Searching for Imagined Landscapes. Space and Movement in the films of Aki Kaurismäki and Julio Medem.
literary, audiovisual, scientific and juridical translation; consecutive and simultaneous interpreting practical courses. Language, literature, history and culture, as well as linguistics and translation theory courses.
Art history from ancient times to the present; art theory and criticism courses; cinema history; conservation techniques.