Ewa Emini Ewa is a London-based, interdisciplinary artist, who specializes in movement storytelling and character physicality, by reviewing well known stories and creating new one. As a Movement Director, Ewa is a member of the Movement Directors Association and was working on short film productions directed by Caroline Steinbeis, and Freya Mavor, like also on performances presented in The Cockpit Theatre, The White Bear Theatre, and The Golden Goose Theatre, Architectural Association Interprofessional Studio, Cambridge School of Art and Anabel's London. Ewa currently is also developing her career as a Director for stage and screen. So far she is working on her own projects: "Before She Goes", "Waves of Endurance" like also "SCROOGE", a modern retelling of "A Christmas Carols" which she co-created together with Joe Facer in The White Bear Theatre. Ewa is a certified Public Health specialist and alumna from MA in Movement: Directing and Teaching from RCSSD, London. She combines her 'non-stress' approach, gained thanks to Public Health with her knowledge of psychology and philosophy, interest in magic, rituals, and cognitive science to build authentical stage characters, and immersive experience of theatre. Her approach to movement incorporates a wide variety of acting methods, like Grotowski and Stanislavski's Technique, dance: Contact Improvisation, and other Contemporary Dance techniques, movement practices, BMC somatic practices, site-specific performance like also an experimental way of using lighting and props. Ewa creates her work to tell the untold stories of human experience, by cantering interest around a personal journey of the character. In her work, she is interested in transformative languages from everyday actions and social themes and their interconnected relationships to the body, space, and materials. She places importance on collaboration with artists from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to explore movement and specific disciplinary vocabularies.
- ODEAL Photoshoot for F WORD MagazineWith over 400,000 monthly Spotify listeners, a string of guest appearances from some of the biggest names in UK rap and a sold-out live show, Odeal is the London-based artist does not disappoint. Sonically Odeal’s music appeals to many, by fusing R&B with Afrobeats – an idea that he explains to have birthed from a desire to bridge the gap. Growing up his childhood was spread across the UK, Germany, and Spain and was surrounded by an array of music. However, his journey began after a summer spent
- SCROOGESCROOGE is a contemporary adaptation of Charles Dickens' timeless masterpiece, "A Christmas Carol," delivered through an immersive one-man performance. This captivating production goes beyond conventional boundaries by incorporating live acting, dynamic movement, multimedia elements, and experimental lighting, inviting the audience to reconsider their preconceived notions of the iconic character. In this rendition, SCROOGE meticulously examines the inner workings of Scrooge's mind, emphasizing
- Waves of EnduranceA Verse Unbound production in collaboration with Ewa Emini 脱胎于卡夫卡《变形记》，⽤肢体和科技揭⽰本相的当代寓⾔诗 Phrase 1- UNTITLED WAVES of ENDURANCE is an interdisciplinary devised physical theatre project based on Kafka's "Metamorphosis”, directed by Ewa Emini, and co-created with a group of artists from various fields in a few development stages. When we are in the loop, the process of becoming is happening constantly, despite our will. We are making choices consciously and unconsciously, and they speak about who w
- 'Before She Goes''Before She Goes' is an innovative undertaking inspired by Samuel Beckett's 1966 TV play 'Eh Joe.' This project began its development in December 2021 and has since undergone four distinct stages of creation, delving into themes such as 'the heavenly powers' encompassing femininity, immortality, and the tumultuous nature of love, which can sometimes consume everything. The narrative revolves around a single summer night, which determines the fate of a character described as 'the Green one... t
+ View all
Projects credited in
- StellaBurying her mother forces Stella to reflect on the choices she has made throughout her life, and the woman she has now become. STELLA is a short comedy-drama about parents, self-discovery and learning to live with irrevocable scars. It is a story of hope and a journey to self-acceptance. Directed by Caroline Steinbeis, written by Ally Mackie and produced by Backscatter Productions, Pinzutu Films & Finite Films.
- DISMEMBERED MIND & TREMENDO - SMELLS LIKE YOUDISMEMBERED MIND & TREMENDO - SMELLS LIKE YOU Produced by Omar Massri and Jhai Written by Tremendo Directed by Jose Miguel Galindo y Marco Beyermann Cast Gillian Eddison Ewa Emini Cinematography and Colour Correction by Marco Beyermann Editing and VFX Jose Miguel Galindo Movement Director and Choreography by Ewa Emini Drone Operator: Marc Félez Gaffer: Tupac Caroll Shot at Copper Dollar Studios
Movement DirectorAnglia Ruskin University
Cambridge, United KingdomFreelance
'The Heart' play directed by Anna Ostrovskaia, whitten by Gennady Ostrovkiy at Cambridge School of Art and Creative Industries
Movement DirectorGenome Theatre
London, United KingdomFreelance
Genome Theatre from the Greek ‘γίνομαι’- to come into being, to happen, to become; (Also refers to the genetic material of an organism) was born during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are intrigued to explore the surreal paradox of our reality and its effect to our identities. We aim to create work that is inspiring, innovative, needed and uncanny. Our stimulus is rooted in our cultural heritage and our journey in redefining ourselves.
+ Show more
- Movement Direction
- Video Editing
- Dance Choreography
- Video Art