You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Not much of a believer of horoscopes, but apparently a cusp - in between two signs. Perhaps this might justify double tendencies. Whilst very gregarious, outgoing and sociable, sometimes will seek solitude as well. Advantageously, able to balance both sides according to any situation. Spontaneous, versatile and always eager to learn new things. Having moved from one place to another whilst young, has added to adapting & sociable skills. Very lenient and flexible, willing to try new things. Interactive, bubbly and eloquent, won several awards in the London College of Fashion for best oral presentation including the Procter and Gamble collaboration project during my second year. In addition, feels surrounded with positive vibes, extracting the good side out of a negative situation and turning the threat into an opportunity. Someone that holds a promise to work hard, to create, and that is also hungry for life’s new experiences. Having pursued a fashion journalism degree from the London College of Fashion, as well as a Luxury Goods Management in the European School of Economics in Milan, I am currently based in London and working as a freelance journalist who writes about travel, lifestyle and fashion for numerous publications and websites.
• In charge of writing all the blog posts on Fleur East’s website. Fleur finished second on X Factor and has since skyrocketed with a few number one singles in the UK and abroad and international tours. • Interviewed Fleur regularly, in London and on tour, in order to write the blog posts and produce the news section on her website which attracts thousands of views weekly.
• In charge of composing all the press releases for different product launches, events and editorials. • Crafted an identity for the brand and attracted the attention of many blogs and magazines, thus leading to many editorials with established writers. • Responsible for all the textual material published by the brand across all different media, including the website.
• Showroom check-up: making sure everything is neat, nothing missing, for guests and staff. Lining up all garments properly in order to truly illustrate the brand's identity. • Showroom inventory: checking in garments that were returned from shoots or stylists, sending out garments to stylists and magazines, organizing the clothes depending on the current season/look book: warehouse/meticulous display in showroom's rails. • Assisted the model casting for the new look books and campaigns of the Spring/Summer 2015 collections. • Helped with the styling and merchandising of the new collection, witnessed how the innovative minds of the creative directors concurred to build a story around it. • Responsible of the comfort of the Joseph creative team from Paris; particularly in charge of the menswear designer Mark Thomas . • Social media department: Came up with ideas to ameliorate the company's social media strategies and executed them. Specifically set up a new Pinterest platform and was in charge of merchandising the collection and marketing it via social media. • Assisted to the viewing of the Joseph SS15 pre collection presentation attended by important buyers and worldwide clients.
• Wrote articles about the garments to promote and sell them to the market. • Did a thorough market study: defined target market, scrutinized online competitors. • Came up with social media strategy and set up social media platforms for the brand: Twitter and Instagram. • Created a Pinterest mood board and visual inspiration for clients to use for purchased garments. • Succeeded in spreading brand awareness, selling the designed garments, and getting followers on different social media platforms (+200 in a month).
• In charge of international market (due to ability to speak multiple languages) • Pitched new clients to add to the start?up • Followed up with clients regularly for both showrooms in London and Milan. • Set up the seasonal SCOOP exhibition in both the Phillips and Saatchi galleries in London for buyers. Was specifically in charge of three brands during the exhibitions: Ateliers de la Maille, NEUE, Luca Michele.
• Worked on the Spring/Summer 2013 collection • In charge of certain customers – mostly Middle Eastern ones due to ability to speak Arabic, as well as transactions. • Overview of the procedure of a Showroom. • Got a new client – 6 Blocks – a store in Saudi Arabia, thus expanding the showroom’s clientele. • Overview of the Fall/Winter 2013-2014 campaign. • Got offered a summer job but had to respectfully decline it due to academic goals (resuming the BA in LCF).
• Front desk (direct communication with customers, pitching new clients, assisting to important meetings) • Administration/paperwork (use of client’s database efficiently, creation of social media strategies, in-store activities, promotions and visual communication research, contact reports, compendium briefs) • Creative department (participated in realization of campaigns, developed creativity, reinforced my digital skills) • Personal assistant of the company’s owner Dany Kamal who offered me a very useful insight on the company’s history, strategy of work, as well as the media environment in the Middle East. Travelled to Dubai for ‘Splash’ fashion show (client).
• Overview of the media industry • Worked with the creative and graphic department. • Assisted the visual department by choosing pictures for the corresponding events and the items for the fashion sections • Wrote articles about social events and trends.
• Exercised different positions within the Bank hierarchy • Communicated on several levels with industry professionals • Served customers within certain ethical values.
• Hand crafted jewelry and sold them with a friend of mine in an exhibition. • Learned how to work with someone • Developed team spirit, dialogue, communication • Enhanced my ability to interact with customers and respond to their various needs.
I pursued a BA in Fashion Journalism, and specifically the print pathway. However during those five years I had to take a year out due to family problems. Halfway throughout this year and when hardships got resolved, I wanted to resume my course but was told that I had to defer it to next year so I pursed a certificate meanwhile in European School of Economics in Milan. So technically my time with the University of the Arts London is from 2010-2011 and then 2013-2015. The main core modules are the following: Teeline Shorthand, Cultural and Historical Studies, In-depth Research and Investigation, Journalism, Broadcast, Innovation, IT, Project proposal, Final Major Project (online magazine and media brand).
When I wanted to resume my BA in Fashion Journalism in the London College of Fashion, I was told that I had missed too many lessons and was best to differ for the year after. Meanwhile, intend of slacking off and not doing anything, I did some work experience in Beirut but also enrolled in the European School of Economics in Milan and pursued this Luxury Goods Management certificate. The core modules are the following: Consumer and Buying Behaviour, Fashion Brand Management, Fashion Forecasting and Marketing, Luxury Goods Management, Retail Management. I also had a work placement period as part of the program and worked with a showroom called StudioZeta.
Very insightful and useful short marketing course with intensive hours: 9 to 6 (only half an hour break all day) that merges the practical and the theoretical so well and therefore covers abundant material.
French Baccalaureate diploma in Literature, I achieved the highest grade in Lebanon in French Literature ever; scoring honours (17.82/20). Core modules: French Oral, French Written, Literature, History and Geography, Arabic Oral, Arabic Written, Philosophy, Science and Biology, English Oral, English Speaking, Mathematics, Informatics, Italian Oral, Italian Written.
During our final year, and specifically during the second term, we were assigned within groups in order to forecast the trends within five years. Our group was in charge of the theme and the redefinition of new luxury. The judges were renowned figures in Procter and Gamble, who offered ,me the awards above.
During my first year in the London College of Fashion, we were assigned into different groups. Each group was meant to present a certain trend and explain it on stage, Our group was in charge of S&M. On the day of the presentation, one of the team members was absent so I had to on the spot improvise and cover for her role, including mine. No one amongst the members of the jury or the public noticed anything faulty and everything weren't smoothly. At the end of all the presentations, I got award with best public speaker and presenter.
Because opt my high ranking in school, and my French Baccalaureate record-breaking grade, I was awarded a full scholarship at the prestigious AUB (American University of Beirut) with an early admission for graphic design. I turned it down because I eventually went to the London College of Fashion in order to pursue my Fashion Journalism BA.
I have been participating roughly since 2000 to my final college year in 2010 in marathons and sports competitions (running, basket ball, weights, long jump, high jump etc.) and was awarded numerous times for best athletes.
Because opt my high ranking in school, and my French Baccalaureate record-breaking grade, I was awarded a full scholarship at the renowned LAU (Lebanese American University) with an early admission for graphic design. I turned it down because I eventually went to the London College of Fashion in order to pursue my Fashion Journalism BA.