- This project refocuses the lense on the heart of the matter - the memories of those we’ve lost and those directly impacted by the tragedy. In documenting the true stories of the bereaved and survivors, our hope is to highlight the humanity and courage of the Grenfell community. We’re a team of volunteer collaborators with a personal connection and commitment to this project. We know that a project as complex and nuanced as this means we could never tell the whole story but the stories of the in
Projects credited in
- Letter From Claud Williams Life is good. You have a roof over your head, food on the table and people who love you and each day slowly but surely you’re getting closer to your dream. But you can feel it, something is missing. When you share your dreams with your family they don’t really get it. Your friends are great, but they don’t seem to be able to grasp the depth of your passion. Maybe everyone will understand one day or maybe you just need to show them. So you keep working in silence. The days turn into weeks, and weeks into months. You’re making progress, but not as much as you were hoping. Now that fire you had isn’t burning as bright and if you were 100% honest with yourself you’re not sure if you’re on the right path. This is when most people quietly stop fighting and this is where most dreams die. I mean, life is still good right? You tell yourself that “it’s not settling, in fact it’s sensible. It’s the right thing to do.” But you don’t even believe yourself. You know you’re capable of more, you don’t now how much more yet but it just seems so hard to do it alone. I’ve always been taught that we are the average of the people we associate with most. I’m finding that the biggest factor to how successful I become isn’t how hard I work, it’s not how smart I am and it’s not even down to luck. It has and continues to be my network. When guests tell us that they love our events, but they want more time meeting each other, we knew we had to create something new. We wanted an event that puts you at the centre, an event focused on giving you opportunities to make new friends, build your network and find people just like you. An event where you walk away inspired not just because of what you have heard on stage, but because people you meet reignited your passion. An event where instead of being seated and entertained, you got to dance to live music. A night where we get to celebrate your accomplishments and everyone can share in each other’s success. So to celebrate the conclusion of 2015, and welcome in a new year, with new opportunities and fresh beginnings we created one of London’s most unique events. We created the Dream Nation Gala. This year’s gala is our most anticipated event and we’ve put in the work to make sure we out-do ourselves again. More tickets and more details will be released soon, but the main thing you need to know is: if you are a Practical Dreamer, then this is where you belong.
- The Power of Creativity. The creative spark is often the difference between being good and being great. We believe that creativity is a natural part of human nature, we are all creative, sometimes it just takes a different form. The only thing stopping us from tapping into that creativity is inspiration to do so. The Concept. Chapter 1 is our annual creative showcase. We’ve worked hard to create a unique experience of spoken word poetry, musical performances and story telling all designed to touch your heart and leave you feeling inspired. By the time the night is done, you’ll be ready to approach your goals and dreams with a new focus and energy from a fresh perspective.
- From Claud Williams: Who are you going to choose to be? If you are anything like me, this simple question can feel too big to answer. You want to be the type of person who is confident in your identity, living a meaningful and driven life. You want to be able to face your challenges and overcome them, whilst inspiring those around you. All of this and never for a moment doubting your ability. Really, when it comes down to it, you just want to be able to say you’re happy. For most of us, reality has attempted to answer this question for us – telling us who we are in the world, where we belong and how high we can rise. The political landscape seems to be doing everything in its power to divide us. Economic pressures dictate that no matter how hard you work, you’re just a prisoner with golden handcuffs. Social climate seems to tell us that no matter what we do, we will never be enough, so we might as well make the most of what we have, smile and get on with it. If you’re reading this, I believe it’s because you know there is more to life than what you’ve been given. You are choosing to remember that who you are is a choice that no one can make for you. You get to decide what type of person you will become. You realise that you don’t have to be imprisoned by the expectations of others and instead, you are in control of your life and your future. I’m going to ask you to make a decision. Choose to be the type of person who takes action because of your ambition instead of running away from your fears. Decide to surround yourself with people who you can grow along side with, a community where you are supported and where you are valued. Stop walking away from the things that you find meaning in. Choose to not only dream but to be a Practical Dreamer. This is an invitation to join myself and 400 other like-minded young adults in an evening’s celebration. Celebrating each other, recognising our potential and appreciating the steps each of us are taking towards turning dreams into reality. An evening of meeting new people, who will feel like old friends. An evening of beauty and elegance, without judgement. An evening of music, fun and dancing where your only concern is having a good time. An evening designed for you, by people just like you. I would like to invite you to the 3rd annual Dream Nation Gala. Dream Nation was created to empower the Practical Dreamer community. We believe that nothing is as powerful as bringing people together. This is why we are making unity the theme and focus of this year’s gala. If you’re looking for the craziest party, to put on a few pounds from a 3-course meal or the concert to end all concerts, then this isn’t for you. If you’re looking for an event with meaning and to be a part of something important for our generation, then this is an event you cannot afford to miss. I look forward to meeting you soon.
- "Being a Practical Dreamer is not easy. Often it means putting everything on the line to climb higher and see further than we ever thought possible. At our 2015 conference, we saw that practical dreaming does not come without its challenges, set-backs and disappointments. We get anxious, stressed and irritable. We doubt ourselves, get frustrated with those around us and can go through low periods. Those of us who have a mental health problem are more likely to experience such periods of low ment
- Dream Nation present Creative Studying, a talk by Andre Anderson. ‘Creative Studying’ is a methodology that suggests that the more you enjoy your studying, or ability to retain information, the more you will remember in the long run. Dream Nation teamed up with London-based designer and creative facilitator to help students of all ages tap into their creative-side for a more enjoyable and efficient studying experience. About Andre Anderson: Andre Anderson is a London-based designer and creative facilitator. From the ages of 18-23, Andre has written and self-published six books about creativity, the arts and it’s effects on society. He has worked with the likes of Adidas, Nintendo, Red Bull, Yale and The Guardian. He has also been featured by Dazed & Confused, SBTV, Creative Review and BBC Radio 4. Andre Anderson now facilitates workshops with the aims to empower people of all backgrounds; helping them to use their creative thinking skills to enhance industries, institutions and their everyday lives. Andre is currently working on Creative Studying, an ongoing project that helps students of all ages tap into their creative-side for a more enjoyable and efficient studying experience.
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Freelance photographer, personal coach and events curator
- Event Management: Concept to Production
- Art Direction Creative
- Brand Management Business Development Business Process
- Creative Arts
- Team Managament