I am an experienced Assistant Producer who has worked across Production and Development in a range of unscripted shows from Documentaries to Podcasts. I am a former Teacher and Youth worker who worked for years in Pupil Referal Units in the UK an abroad. I have strong people skills and experience working in high-pressure environments. I am passionate about finding unique stories and bringing them to life whether that be on screen on through audio.
• Pitching to channels including Channel 4, Netflix, and BBC • Editing sizzles and taster tapes • Working with talent and contributors to develop ideas • Gaining access to a range of locations for potential series. • Creating returning observational documentary and factual formats. • Creating strong pitch decks using photoshop.
• Writing series concepts and example episodes for factual and documentary series and returnable formats. • Interviewing experts and potential contributors. • Creating pitch decks on Photoshop • Meeting talent and contributors • Pitching ideas to channels- BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, Nat Geo • Running brainstorms and development sessions • Editing on Final Cut Pro
• Working with Penguin Random house and BMG music to develop ideas for shows using their books, authors and artists. • Meeting with publishers and A and R representatives to develop ideas. • Creating pitch decks and sizzles • Working on the global team to develop formats around the world. • Shooting tasters, sizzles and screen tests on Canon 5D
• Casting interviewees from across the creative industries for the nine episode series. • Hosting episodes and interviewing contributors • Writing episode ideas and interview questions • Creating social content and running social channels • Pitching the series to investors • Helping to develop the show concept with my co-host and producer.
• Coming up with ideas youth skewing current affairs episodes • Writing podcast episodes- including intros, concepts and questions. • Running social channels and creating content • Pitching ideas for content to my producer • Writing call sheets • Casting guests- musicians, authors, artists and influencers. • Interviewing talent • Greeting hosts and contributors and briefing them on the show.
• Sourcing props and equipment and commissioning artists to create dinosaur replica skeletons • Coming up with ideas for experiments and content • Pitching ideas to my producer • Casting contributors- experts, historians and scientists. • Interviewing potential contributors and briefing them on experiments and episodes. • Fact checking scripts. • Finding locations for large-scale experiments
• Researching and producing segments for ‘Whatsup TV’ broadcast on Sky 1 • Coming up for content for the Music section of the show • Individually produced the most segments across the series • Writing blog articles for Sky news • Finding locations • Casting musicians for the series • Writing interviews for musicians • On set directing and assisting during interviews