I am an enthusiastic and dedicated individual with a real passion and commitment to working in events management. I have experience planning, marketing and executing many different types of live events. From community gallery openings to international medical congresses, my employment experience so far has provided me with many transferable skills that are crucial for success in the events industry like excellent communication, interpersonal skills, a keen eye for detail and impeccable organisation. My main interest is arts and culture in events, as I believe that events are some of the most effective means of nourishing interest in new arts, artists, culture and creative people.
• Planning and executing the BAUS Annual meeting (1200 delegates) in major UK conferences venues including the BT Convention Centre Liverpool and Manchester Central Convention Centre. 4 days of main scientific plenary sessions, breakouts, 20+ teaching courses. Managing the registration desk, team of stewards and putting on a programme of social events including drinks receptions and dinners for faculty. Arranging accommodation for visiting surgeons. • Planning three sub section meetings for 75 - 200 delegates in 2014. • Leading the BAUS Office of Educational residential courses: One Introduction to Urology course (4 days) and two revision Courses (5 days)- choosing venues, managing registrations and accommodation, working closely with the Director of Education on the educational programmes. Engaging faculty and speakers for each course, obtaining sponsorship from industry representatives to support all three courses for the year. • Planning, marketing and coordinating the World Congress of Endourology at ExCeL London, a 4 day international congress for a sub section of urology. Congress will involve main plenaries, industry sponsored sessions, instructional courses, sponsored video sessions and a full social programme including a faculty dinner at the Tower of London, a charity band night and a fun run
• Planning, contributing to and being present at vast range of events including large-scale live events like London Fashion Week, private parties and product launches for companies like MAC cosmetics and Jean Paul Gaultier, exhibition launches such as Isabella Blow, corporate drinks receptions, weddings, and meetings and conferences. • Reporting to the Head of Events, Deputy Head of Events, Planners, Coordinators, Operations Managers and Admin • Promoting the Events team’s activities using social media, including taking over the Twitter account. • Minute-taking at meetings on and off-site with Events Planners, Operations Managers, clients, suppliers and in-house security, conducting venue checks with Sykes in-house cleaning team. • Admin: taking first response calls for initial events enquiries, using Priava Events Management software to monitor the Events diary, producing signage, compiling data into Ops Manager function sheets and spread sheets.
• Lead Front of House for car park gallery, conducting tours of the building, maintaining exhibition pieces. • Managing a team of volunteers, delegating jobs throughout shifts, problem solving in volatile environment. • Liaising with gallery Events team, Security and Franks Cafe team to ensure all events run smoothly on-site. • Facilitating the creation of a safe space for artists developing a pop-up gallery in an unusual urban location.
• Planning, organising and volunteering on the day at bespoke NSPCC events such as the Gherkin Challenge 2013 (organising volunteer food, organising for transport to the event, directing participants at the event) • Using the Raiser’s Edge fundraising SQL database software to update and research participants for a multitude of campaigns including the Virgin London Marathon. Received training on the R.E. while working. • Admin: using phones to take events enquiries, emailing regional fundraisers and volunteers, editing HTML email templates, creating signage and name badges for events, ordering materials for the office and for bespoke events
• Planning and forming strategies with the Marketing team about the gallery’s focus for students and development. • Leading artistic workshops, invigilating exhibitions at arts festivals and special events, giving tours of exhibitions. • Obtaining knowledge of the health and safety regulations of working in a large public environment.
Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma (CIM accredited)
BA Joint Honours