Driven by a desire to better understand the diverse spectrum of personalities, cultures, communities, and environments across the globe, I have spent the past 10 years building professional and personal experiences focused on exploring these differences and how storytelling and design can foster positive social change. This journey has led me to travel extensively, immersing myself in various cultures and learning from the people I have encountered. Along the way, I have studied psychology, sociology, history, politics, science, storytelling, and economics, which have greatly enriched my perspective, imagination, and creative output. At the core of my exploration is the ambition to work on story-driven projects that are timely, relevant, capable of shaping social discourse and inspiring positive change. This focus has resulted in a wide range of experiences, developing a comprehensive set of creative, strategic, and technical skills in marketing, graphic and web design, creative direction, project management, theatrical, film, and event production. A key component across all of my work is understanding, conceiving, and delivering a creative brief. I believe at the core of all successful projects is a strong narrative, which resonates or challenges the user. From designing and delivering websites and publications to producing theatre and film projects and conceptualising various projects, I combine meticulous attention to detail with the ability to tackle difficult challenges strategically and creativity, whilst understanding differing perspectives and priorities. This approach has enabled me to deliver complex and innovative projects within budget, on time, and to an exceptional standard.
- Restaurant Concept and BrandingChallenged with task of creating a concept and brand strategy for a new restaurant opening in a historic castle: Jorge brings to life the legendary story or George and the Dragon. The branding is simple and fresh, contrasting the historic atmosphere of the castle, representing a youthful 'Jorge' (Portuguese for George) - prior to him slaying the dragon and becoming a Saint.
- High Fidelity - The Musical @ The Turbine TheatreAs Associate Producer of The Turbine Theatre @ Battersea Power Station, I oversaw the production and production management of all in-house productions including the UK premier of High Fidelity the Musical. Responsible for technical scheduling, procurement of all technical and creative elements, running and closure.
- The Cat in The Hat @ The Turbine TheatreFrom the moment his tall, red-and-white-striped hat appeared in Battersea Power Station, residents of SW11 met the funniest, most mischievous cat-neighbor in all of London. As Associate Producer and Production Manager, I oversaw the production planning, running and closure.
- Creative Director & Founder (Feasibility Study)Edifício Oceania is considered the most emblematic residential building in Salvador, capital of the state of Bahia, Brazil. In October 2021 I began a project to revitalise and repurpose a vacant space on the 2nd floor - bringing together local and international architects, local residents and stakeholders to prepare plans to reinstate the original grandeur of the building, delivering a 22 bedroom hotel, clubhouse, pool, restaurant, bar, library, gym and co-working lounge. The house will gath
- Founder & Web Designer/Developer @ Lost Baggage ClubCurated by psychologists, anthropologists and historians - Lost Baggage Club combines travel with emotional, cultural and creative discovery. Our trips provide more that just an escape from normal life, they enhance it. The club delivers life nourishing adventures which changes perspectives of the world, so busy people can use their holidays to exploring and learning from different cultures, whilst improving areas of their lives such as, improving their relationships, identifying their career po
+ View all
Creative Producer & Designerwww.garethcreative.com
London, United KingdomFreelance
Associate ProducerThe Turbine Theatre
- 188 Kirtling St, Nine Elms, London SW8 5BN, UKFull Time
Responsible for managing all aspects of technical delivery and operation across the entire project lifecycle of all in-house productions including; HIGH FIDELITY THE MUSICAL, THE CAT IN THE HAT and various concerts. • From concept to physical production - ensuring all productions were delivered on budget, on time, and to an exceptional standard. • Fullfilment of technical drawings, models and delivering the creative vision. • Procurement and management of all production related equipment and staff: LX & sound equipment, set fabrication, staging, painters, production crew, freelancers and technical contractors. Responsible for Health & Safety. • Ensuring the smooth organisation and operation of technical rehearsals and performances, turning around productions within tight, 12-24 hours windows. • Marketing support including artwork creation, strategy and advertising. • Venue Management: Box Office (Enta), staffing, stock, staff scheduling.
+ Show more
- Web Development
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Production Management
- Theatre Production
- Events Production