You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Gemma is a Scottish creative science nerd obsessed with tech, design, Irn Bru and pi. She is a Freelance Journalist & Podcaster, writing for The Guardian, Singularity Hub, The Drum, Adweek, Imperica & Ogilvydo, covering science, tech, culture and politics. Gemma is also Co-Founder of Science: Disrupt - an organisation connecting the innovators, iconoclasts & entrepreneurs intent on creating change in science. Science: Disrupt produces podcasts, events and editorial, and has brought together a large community (both on and off-line) of brilliant thinkers and do-ers. They focus on biotech, energy, space, health, advanced computing & changing the way we do academic research. Gemma is an International speaker having delivered keynotes at SXSW, TEDx, WPP Stream, Cannes Lions and Dubai Lynx and works with the World Economic Forum as on of their Global Shapers. Previously, Gemma was the Tech Innovation Strategist at Ogilvy Labs.Locked Pro Plan feature
- Scriptwriter for 360 videos on science topics
- Features spanning data, AI, IOT, cybersecurity and blockchain
- Branded Editorial for Siemens - Podcast Production and Hosting for Siemens - 360 video scripting for Siemens
- Wrote various features for Ogilvy's thought leadership platform - Covered tech, science, startups, politics, culture, media, branding, conferences & events (e.g. Cannes, SXSW, Web Summit)
- Tech Innovation Strategist across full Ogilvy client roster - Startup liaison - Trend analysis and presentation - Spokesperson and public speaker on agency innovation - Lab Day event management & curation - Connector within the agency and across WPP
Pure Mathematics Modules include finite maths, financial maths, graph theory, number theory and history of maths Dissertation - A Fractal View of the Stock Markets