- Hunter Douglas - Powerview Blinds seriesHunter Douglas wanted 6 short films, all using the silent movie genre to tell a story about the advantages of their automated blinds system. We came up with 6 stories together, each one telling a different story about a different customer. We built one set to tell all 6 stories, and had a full day to night lighting rig to illustrate the system.
- George Michael - Fantasy (Official Video) ft. Nile RodgersGeorge was working on this track just before he passed, but it was set to be released in tandem with the film. Sony wanted to release the track to celebrate the original track, and George's ongoing legacy of upbeat pop classics. We discussed a few options, and I put together a test. The test is basically what you see in the first 30 seconds of the video, and then we just built it out from there! Very quick turn around, with a lot of passion, and we couldn't be more happy with the result, or the
- Jaeger - Culottes: The MasterclassJeager wanted a creative approach to their culottes guide, something a bit more graphic, cinematic and speaking with the same english dry wit that Jaeger is known for, but keeping the feel classic. I wanted to use Wes Anderson style vigenttes, but run the Jaeger voice through the VO. Balancing the information and the humour was a great process, and was really brought to life by our VO artist Louiza Patikas.
- JellyfishShot off the back of a shoot with Flaunt magazine. We took a long interview with Sam, but the story about his fear of the ocean and an encounter with a Jellyfish stuck out as being of wider existential interest, so I built the video around that. The interview was taken at the end of the day, so it was quite nice piecing the footage together to find that we could tell the story visually with the shots we got in the day, withe some imagination and fun abstraction.
- Matches.com - AW15 Essentials ShootMatches wanted a video piece to show off all their essential pieces for the season, while selling the Matches life style and also tell a story about the Matches customer. I pitched the concept of a one-shot steadicam film, following the Matches woman as she tries to figure out what she's wearing before she leaves the house. They were on board from the start, and with the help of Tommy Wade, we used very minimal, unintrusive lighting to sell the idea of a real, lived in house, which didn't pull attention from the minimal, simplistic styling of the Matches season guide.
Projects credited in
- MENS HEALTH X VERY “THE STYLE GUIDE” (BRANDED CONTENT)Direction/Production/Edit/Colour: Charles Havord Executive Producer/Head of Video: Gene LImbrick Production: Lisa Whittle DOP: Josh Crawthorn Camera Assistant: George Havord Designer: Sarah Cavill VFX: Audinga Digryte Agency: HEARST Brand: MENS HEALTH X VERY.COM SONY FS7
+ Show more
- Broadcast Commercials
- Creative Documentary
- Music Videos
- Creative Pitches
- Treatment Writing
- Creative Consultancy
- Film Direction