You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I am an outgoing, creative and ambitious graduate, recently graduated from Sheffield University with a 2:1 in English Literature and Theatre Studies. My work experience to date focussed on communications, marketing and editorial roles within the creative industries. I am currently looking for internships or permanent employment in Media, Marketing and Advertising.
• Interned as a planner and a strategist at the creative agency Founded which is a part of Iris Worldwide; a leading global innovative network working for brands such as Adidas, Samsung and Dominos • Gained valuable exposure to the advertising and marketing industry. Some of my daily tasks included market research, creative analysis and writing up competitive reviews, communication plans and creative briefs. Also gained experience in copywriting and account management • Supported the planning team and wider office, helping on campaigns and working towards pitches for clients such as Samsung, P&O Cruises and Farrow and Ball
• Worked in a fast paced environment and supported a team of five consultants from the beginning of July until the end of September, carrying out the recruitment cycle which included shortlisting candidates, scheduling interviews, and networking a portfolio of over 50 clients • Managed and marketed a client file on a daily basis, seeking business leads, maintaining and building key relationships, and at times negotiating rates for new contracts, maximising revenue and benefits for both company and client • Booked, organised and attended client meetings, which would help to foster existing relationships and improve my understanding of different organisations
• Worked part time in my third year of university, managing the till during rush hours, handling stock and advising and aiding customers in No. 1 Student’s Union in UK • Managed work around my degree and university timetable in an efficient way
• Committee member of the university theatre society with responsibility for social media and PR activities • Coordinated online and offline advertising via idea generation, copywriting, web design and production of flyers • Helped broaden appeal of productions and increased sales of tickets and audience numbers by circa 35%
• Organised and maintained the university’s theatre workshop to better communicate its resources to students • Proofread and edited manuals and marketing aids using various Windows software
• Researcher and contributor for UK’s biggest student media company with 40 UK university microsites • Wrote a restaurant review article, which achieved 3,600 views and 245 shares • Undertook a Creative Media course to learn about the industry and to improve future submissions
• During the months in my gap year before I went travelling, I worked part-time in a variety of roles, rotating through bar, reception and front of house • Exposure to working under pressure, meeting deadlines and interacting with customers
I spent three years studying English Literature and Theatre Studies at the University of Sheffield, and graduated in July with a 2:1 My most significant modules included Creative Writing I and II, Contemporary Literature, Criticism and Literary Theory, Writing The Real, Eighteenth Century Restoration Literature, Victorian and Romantic Literature, Interpreting and Making Texts
• A-Levels: Psychology (A*), English Literature (A), Theatre Studies (A) • Received Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) with an extended essay on Expressionism • 10 GCSEs achieved A – C, English (A), Maths (B), Science (B)