I have graduated from the University of Exeter, having read Human Geography with a year abroad at the University of Helsinki in Finland where I focused on Arts and Cultural Studies whilst also studying International Relations, Gender Studies and Finnish. I am highly interested in jobs within Marketing and Advertising, having worked in marketing roles for various nightlife events companies and charitable organisations during my time at university. I have also maintained an interest in Fine Art, Fashion and Filmmaking via social media platforms such as Tumblr and Instagram, regularly visiting galleries, sketching and making my own short films. I believe that I am a motivated and hardworking, creative and engaging individual that can work well both by myself and in a group. I am currently interested in a job within the creative industry, preferably in London as I live a commutable distance away. I am also open to working abroad as I feel at ease in an unfamiliar environment after my year abroad in Helsinki.
- Hijacked Festival 2019Hijacked Festival is based in Exeter and has welcomed the likes of Gerd Janson, Mall Grab, Jackmaster, Bicep, Denis Sulta and Horse Meat Disco over the years. As an Events Representative it was my responsibility to manage sales of physical tickets, which I marketed on my personal social media platforms as well as via word of mouth as a student at the University of Exeter.
- 2.3 fabric: Peggy Gou, Luigi Madonna, Levon Vincent and moreAs a Berlin-based producer and DJ, Peggy Gou will be making her Farringdon debut whilst touring the world with her internationally celebrated track 'It Makes You Forget (Iteghane)' that was released in late 2018. I look to Peggy Gou not only for her tracks that combine spacey techno with breezy house but also for style inspiration as she has added designer to her ever-growing title. I am promoting this fabric-first event on my social media platforms as well as via word of mouth and selling ticke
- Hold It Down x Our House Presents Tornado WallaceTwo influential events companies within the University of Exeter nightlife community, Hold It Down and Our House, collaborated for a night in the Phoenix, a high capacity venue, to host a special two hour set from the iconic duo Tornado Wallace as well as resident DJs from both events companies. I represent Hold It Down and have marketed this event to my peers using my social media platforms and word of mouth.
- The Big Clothes SwapWe organised a clothes swap at the University of Exeter in collaboration with and support of Amnesty International to allow university students to sustainably give items of clothing they no longer wore. We then packaged up the items of clothing that were not swapped out by the end of the day and sent them to our local charity RAFT (Refugee Aid from Taunton) to supply suitable clothing to refugees in the area. We raised £550 for Amnesty International thanks to donations and entry fee.
- Mall Grab Presents: Looking for Trouble at Motion, BristolI was lucky enough to be a part of the Save the Southbank x Boiler Room x Percolate session featuring Mall Grab, Nite Fleit, DJ Normal 4 and Loods during the summer of 2018 in which I experienced the true talent of the Australian-born DJ. He has singlehandedly introduced a new form of dance music to an increasingly global audience. I marketed and sold tickets for the event in which he performed a 3 hour set to a sold out Marble Factory audience on social media platforms and via word of mouth.
+ View all
London, United KingdomFull Time
I was approached by the internationally renowned music eventing company Pollen after record sales for the Bristol based festival Tokyo World. I am now a 'Gold Team Member' and market and sell tickets for events and festivals all over the UK, including fabric, Wireless, Motion, El Dorado and Warehouse Project. I also am selling tickets for festivals in a number of countries including Benicassim in Spain as well as Hideout and Outlook in Croatia.
+ Show more
- Creative Arts
- Charity Marketing
- Events Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Team Collaboration
- Creative Ideas
- German Language
- Music Events
- Charity Event
- Event Organisation
BA GeographyUniversity of Exeter
Exeter, United Kingdom
I am currently in my fourth and final year of reading a Bachelors of Human Geography at the University of Exeter. This year I am studying modules including the Geographies of Material Culture, the Cultural Landscape of Geography, Geographies of the Body, Geographies of Rurality and Refugee and Asylum Seekers. My dissertation will research university students and clothing they have bought from charity shops or secondhand shops. I want to focus on the emotional attachment individuals can have to their clothes as well as feelings of nostalgia and a need for individuality. Activities and Societies: I have previously been a member of the university's mixed lacrosse team, I was part of a team who organised a charitable fashion show in my first year as the head of Marketing with Raise and Give, a member of the Geography society, a member of the university gym. I have studied a number of German language and culture modules in my first year at an advanced level. I had the unique opportunity to travel to New York for a Geography field trip in my second year to conduct research concerning community green spaces across the city.
Art and Cultural StudiesUniversity of Helsinki
- Helsinki, Finland
I studied for a year at the University of Helsinki and enrolled in the following modules: Beginners Finnish Language, China's International Relations and Diplomacy, Art History and it's History, Introduction to Film and Television Studies, LGBTQ in Africa and beyond, Gender, State and Society, Nordic Film and World Film History.
+ Show more
A Level Summer Exhibition OnlineRoyal Academy of ArtsMy oil painting 'Immanuel' was selected from over 2,000 to be part of a 38 piece A Level Summer Exhibition by the RA, which can be seen via the link below. https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibition/a-level-exhibition-online-2015 My painting 'Immanuel' was also given special mention by Sam Phillips, the Editor of the RA Magazine, in the article of selected pieces, which can be seen via the link below. https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/article/our-picks-from-the-a-level-summer-1