- Georgie FemmeGeorgie Femme is a 4-piece indie pop/rock band from Brighton. Since forming in 2018, the band has performed at festivals including Brighton Pride and The Great Escape, had their music played on BBC Radio, and developed a Spotify listenership in over 60 countries around the world. Self-representing as Vie En Pink Records, the band works with independent producers, and undertake all aspects of distribution and promotion of their music themselves, including social media campaigns, playlist pluggi
- Ehkoplex SoundEhkoplex Sound is a not-for-profit indie lo-fi proto-label founded in 2016 with the goal of recording and releasing music of artists who otherwise would have no means to distribute their work. Music is released exclusively through the Bandcamp platform in digital (and occasionally cassette tape) format, where the label has a small but keen following. For more information, please visit https://ehkoplexsound.bandcamp.com/
- Short Film - Small Choice in Rotten ApplesA short film following a married couple who take the scenic route to their car after a long night of partying, revealing layers to their relationship and circumstance along the way. Set in 1969, I wrote, performed and produced the score to this final year BA Filmmaking piece in Logic Pro X, taking musical influence from Motown Records and the sound of late 60's Spanish Harlem. This involved creating authentically retro instrumental arrangements, mixing with techniques common to the time period,
+ Show more
Singer / Band ManagerGeorgie Femme
Brighton, United KingdomFreelance
As lead singer and rhythm guitarist of independent pop-rock band Georgie Femme I have undertaken the role of band manager, overseeing the development of the band and the release of new music and social media content. Since forming in late 2018 the band has released three singles and an EP, received airtime on BBC radio and performed at festivals including The Great Escape and Brighton Pride. What started as a passion project alongside my music studies has blossomed into a band with a devoted local fanbase, nearly 20,000 plays on Spotify, and listeners in 61 countries around the world. Organising and managing the band has given me many transferrable skills, from writing, arranging and producing the music itself, to creating artwork and engaging social media content, to pitching songs to playlists, blogs and radio stations. For my undergraduate dissertation project, I developed the brand of the band using a number of contemporary theories around artist branding, digital marketing and 'tribal' media fandom, as well as creating merchandise, physical music, a band website (www.georgiefemme.com) and populating a mailing list to increase revenue through direct-to-fan sales.
Music TutorSussex Academy of Music
- Shoreham-by-Sea, United KingdomFreelance
Here, I provided one-to-one vocal, guitar and piano tuition to 5-16 year olds at the company's teaching facility in Shoreham-by-Sea. As many younger students were still developing their cognitive skills, teaching them required creative and holistic approaches to music such as spelling games at the keyboard, and call-and-response singing of the students' favourite music. For older students I was able to further tailor their music education to their tastes, whether that meant teaching Beethoven and Bach on the piano, Megadeth and Metallica on guitar, or singing pop music and songs from the Disney canon with vocalists. This was a rewarding job, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here but unfortunately had to leave my post as final-year university work and the COVID-19 outbreak culminated in me being unable to continue. As part of my training for this role, I undertook the government's 'Prevent' anti-radicalisation training, a Level 2 certificate in Child Protection in Education, and passed an Enhanced DBS check (October 2019) which I still hold.
+ Show more
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media
- Arranging Music
- Music Composition
- Song Writing
- Video Editing
- Motion Graphics
- Music Production
- Logic Pro
- Audio Mixing
BA (Hons) SongwritingBIMM (Brighton)
- The City of Brighton and Hove, UK
1st class honours degree, including >70% mark in 17 of 18 modules studied. Areas of study included composition, performance and production of a range of music styles; independent & DIY industry practices; elective study of the music publishing sector; and intertextual artistry. Through this course, I was able to develop my instrumental skills (Vocals, Guitar, Bass & Keyboards) as well as developing creative versatility as a songwriter and producer of both my own art, and commercially viable modern music for other artists & clients. Highlights included a qualitative study of the perception of gender in voice in relation to trans singers, creation of a strong portfolio of pop songs, and a successful final-year project exploring the brand development of my band, Georgie Femme, through social media community engagement and direct-to-fan marketing. Extra-curricular: Founder and Chairperson (2019-2020) of BIMM Brighton's LGBTQ+ Society, 'LOUD & PROUD'