Hi, I am Giles, A digital strategist, producer and designer, with extensive experience in producing award-winning websites and mobile apps for broadcasters and cultural institutions across the globe. I have a considerable background in delivering complex projects, with multiple stakeholders and global teams. This has been gained through working with some of the world’s leading brands and broadcasters, developing projects and content across the entertainment, travel and arts sectors. The intersection of human interaction, visual design, technology and storytelling have always fascinated me, especially when they can be combined to bring concepts to life in new and compelling ways. I am passionate about delivering projects that work aesthetically, functionally and intuitively for the end-user. My goal, is always to forge deep, emotional connections by pushing narrative mediums. I like to discover how new ideas emerge and develop processes that lead to the production of rich content. This drive has led me to be the creator of multiple, award-winning productions.
- The Antenna ApplicationsThe Antenna Applications are a suite of over 80 interactive functions, developed as highly flexible, modules. These modules can be combined or configured in any way required, to build content driven applications for both the IOS and Android Platforms. The Antenna Applications have underpinned over 300 app builds for Museums and Cultural sites across the globe. Role: UI Design Director Role: UX Designer / Producer Platforms: Ios & android Agency: Antenna International Year: 2013 – Present
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Antenna LabStamp House produced an Antenna Lab event at the National Gallery, which brought together experts in museum / Gallery learning and education, and digital engagement. The day event explored how we best engage young people and under represented groups in Ancient art and cultural heritage and the role technology can play in enabling new forms of participation and engagement.
- The Art of the Brick appNathan Sawaya is an artist who makes amazing works of art from lego pieces. Working together with Antenna International, I designed the screens for an app that provided an interactive tour for The Art of the Brick Exhibition at the ArtScience Museum in Singapore. The look and feel of the app was designed to work in harmony with the exhibition branding and Nathan’s artwork. Antenna International then developed by these designs into an app.
- Antenna International Brand RedesignTo redesign Antenna’s brand identity. The project consisted of the design of the brand, together with the website, exhibition stand, product housing and marketing collateral. The prisms in logo were inspired by refracting light & multiple possibilities. It also represents the elements the company brings together to ensure a seamless visitor experience.
+ Show more
Digital DesignerGiles Pooley
I design digital solutions, (UX & UI) for international clients within the cultural sector. My output spans mobile apps, websites, software platforms and signage. Recent projects have been for: Antenna International: Website UX & UI designs. National Air and Space Museum: On-site kiosk and digital signage. National Museum of American History: Onsite kiosk and digital signage Fundació Joan Miro: Mobile app designs for 3D audio experience Diverse Productions: Website design & build
Director of Design and Product ReleaseAntenna International
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Portfolio of key creative roles as part of the Global, Senior Leadership Team, at the innovative, digital agency for the Cultural Sector. I led the design process, from concept to delivery on over 300 digital productions, for broad range of cultural clients. My roles meant I directed the design, both UX & UI, for clients as varied as TATE, MOMA, The Royal Collection and CHANEL. - Led all agencies' design output, (UX & UI) globally, across all touchpoints and client projects. - Delivered over 300 digital productions, for broad range of cultural clients. - Managed budgets, schedules and resourcing for design projects. - Unified the company’s design processes globally. - Built, set & maintained production guidelines and quality expectations. - Ran international team of creative talent, remotely. Over five years, I fulfilled the following roles: Head of Design, UX & Training. EMEA - Jun’ 15 - Jan ‘17 Experience Designer, EMEA - Oct 2012 - Jun 2015
+ Show more
- Photo Editing
- UX Design
- UX Consultancy
- UX Architecture
- UI Design
- Media Campaigns
- Media Production
- Portrait Photography
- Project Management
BDA PROMAX EUROPE - SilverPromax BDA Global Excellence AwardsCategory: Best Cross Digital Campaign Project: Red Dwarf reunion Client: UKTV - 2009
+ Show more