You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Millie Brown, Rainbow Body?
Do you really want to delete project Let There Be Light , Revisited.?
As Gallery Manager at Mark Hix’s CNB Gallery, I was responsible for: • Liasing with artists, collectors and potential partners, whilst managing the every day management of the gallery and gallery team. • Curating exhibitions, organising and ensuring the smooth running of Art-based events including Private Views, dinners and press previews in the gallery space • Writing press releases and sponsorship proposals, coordinating marketing content, art direction of marketing materials and managing social media, completing sales, shipping and invoicing for artworks from all represented and exhibited artists. • Coordinating installation, de-installation, condition checks and delivery of artwork from both CNB gallery and Mark Hix’s personal collection.
• Assisting the Marketing & Press Director in promoting the gallery during its five year anniversary, Frieze art festival and fairs in Istanbul, Silicon Valley and Miami. • Relationship-building at key art events, writing press releases and reaching out to key press, bloggers and online platforms for coverage (examples below) • WSI Magazine: http://ow.ly/Trgw2 Aesthetica magazine: http://ow.ly/Trggq, Gallery Website: http://ow.ly/TrhEv. • Daily management of online sales platforms as well as key administration roles such as social media, database management and updating website CMS.
• Organising exhibitions and events, which bring together notorious artists such as Tracey Emin, Damien Hirst & Andy Warhol with the next big thing in Contemporary art. • Developing marketing, publications, business strategy and proposals for future gallery projects. • Assisting the Curator in art direction, curation and installation of new exhibitions – sometimes on a weekly basis. • Researching and archiving all art work in the HIX collection and conducting regular gallery tours for large businesses
• Combining my personal and academic knowledge of the city, I was responsible for collating and programming a Berlin study trip guide complete with sites for cultural exploration and theories on the historical, social and artistic framework. Link: http://ow.ly/Trdw0.
• I am responsible for creating and executing all PR, Marketing and Social Media plans for Buttercloud and client projects. • I also lead content creation and work closely with our designer as the chief Art Director for all relevant projects. • I build relationships with potential investors and marketing partners in b2b projects whilst communicating with consumers with b2c marketing campaigns. • I have doubled website traffic since I started and as a freelancer I am disciplined in time management and practiced at keeping cool during impromptu deadlines and client crises.
• Curating designers collections’ in our online showroom according to our high-end stylistic vision. • Responsible for my own intern, at Agorique I was able to build on my management skills whilst playing an important part in a small creative and collaborative team. • Due to the transparency of the small business, I was able to learn about how companies work, grow and even fail.
• This was a 3 month placement with a key focus on the launch of South African Liqueur Vodka brand Lovoka. In this role my key achievements were: • Initiating a partnership between Lovoka and Harvey Nichols, which resulted in Lovoka’s exclusive national launch in store at Christmas 2012. • Coordinating Lovoka’s press launch at London Cocktail week. For this I met with contributors, organised logistics and was present at LCW each evening to ensure the smooth running of the event.
• As a founding member of Nottingham University’s first curatorial team I worked in a small team to establish business strategy, choose exhibition themes and artists as well as source and physically install artworks in gallery spaces.
I analysed competing art galleries and researched and suggested local contemporary artists for upcoming exhibitions. My key role in promotions and marketing was to create a buzz around the gallery in the local community whilst consistently reinforcing the humble Backlit ‘not for profit’ culture.