• I am responsible for creating and executing all PR, Marketing and Social Media plans for Buttercloud and client projects. • I also lead content creation and work closely with our designer as the chief Art Director for all relevant projects. • I build relationships with potential investors and marketing partners in b2b projects whilst communicating with consumers with b2c marketing campaigns. • I have doubled website traffic since I started and as a freelancer I am disciplined in time management and practiced at keeping cool during impromptu deadlines and client crises.
• Assisting the Marketing & Press Director in promoting the gallery during its five year anniversary, Frieze art festival and fairs in Istanbul, Silicon Valley and Miami. • Relationship-building at key art events, writing press releases and reaching out to key press, bloggers and online platforms for coverage (examples below) • WSI Magazine: http://ow.ly/Trgw2 Aesthetica magazine: http://ow.ly/Trggq, Gallery Website: http://ow.ly/TrhEv. • Daily management of online sales platforms as well as key administration roles such as social media, database management and updating website CMS.
• Organising exhibitions and events, which bring together notorious artists such as Tracey Emin, Damien Hirst & Andy Warhol with the next big thing in Contemporary art. • Developing marketing, publications, business strategy and proposals for future gallery projects. • Assisting the Curator in art direction, curation and installation of new exhibitions – sometimes on a weekly basis. • Researching and archiving all art work in the HIX collection and conducting regular gallery tours for large businesses
• Combining my personal and academic knowledge of the city, I was responsible for collating and programming a Berlin study trip guide complete with sites for cultural exploration and theories on the historical, social and artistic framework. Link: http://ow.ly/Trdw0.
• Curating designers collections’ in our online showroom according to our high-end stylistic vision. • Responsible for my own intern, at Agorique I was able to build on my management skills whilst playing an important part in a small creative and collaborative team. • Due to the transparency of the small business, I was able to learn about how companies work, grow and even fail.
• This was a 3 month placement with a key focus on the launch of South African Liqueur Vodka brand Lovoka. In this role my key achievements were: • Initiating a partnership between Lovoka and Harvey Nichols, which resulted in Lovoka’s exclusive national launch in store at Christmas 2012. • Coordinating Lovoka’s press launch at London Cocktail week. For this I met with contributors, organised logistics and was present at LCW each evening to ensure the smooth running of the event.
• As a founding member of Nottingham University’s first curatorial team I worked in a small team to establish business strategy, choose exhibition themes and artists as well as source and physically install artworks in gallery spaces.
I analysed competing art galleries and researched and suggested local contemporary artists for upcoming exhibitions. My key role in promotions and marketing was to create a buzz around the gallery in the local community whilst consistently reinforcing the humble Backlit ‘not for profit’ culture.