Projects credited in
- AW17/18 'Nocturne' Womenswear BlouseUndertaken during my first year at Leeds Arts University, this womenswear blouse was inspired by designer Bora Aksu and follows the WGSN AW17/18 Textiles Trend 'Nocturne'. The main fabric for the blouse was constructed by bonding black lace to purple georgette complimented by a sheer sparkly dark blue polyester. Lilac satin is used for the piping to bring the blouse to life.
- Award-winning 'East Meets West' DressAs the Winner of the 'Travel Broadens the Mind' competition set by the Business Confucius Institute at the University of Leeds, my winning design was made and I was sent on an all-expenses-paid trip to Beijing and Xi'an to collaborate with the Beijing Institute of Fashion and Technology and Confucius Institute at the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE). With the support of the Business Confucius Institute, I single-handedly organised a series of fashion shows to promote m
- Boys will be boysSome men do like receiving flowers so why is it such a feminine thing? The strategy was to change womens' perceptions of giving flowers to men to raise awareness for an independent flourist in Leeds. From this I came up with the big idea 'Boys will be boys'. It shows men holding flowers whilst demonstrating typically manly habits which women find annoying. This is a humorous representation of men with flowers.
- 140BPM140BPM My graduate collection, 140BPM, has been heavily influenced by the grime music industry and culture. With grime music been an active part of my life I wanted to collection to represent grime music and change people’s perspective of the views which individuals have about the music genre, the people involved within the grime music industry and the garments which they chose to wear.
- A Visual Expression of an Algorithmic SublimePages from my photo book 'A Visual Expression of an Algorithmic Sublime' exploring AI and virtual influencers in a post-truth social media domain. Throughout the photo book I have used self-portrait photography alongside photoshop to create different digitised social media influencer personas. Text taken directly from influencer's instagram captions. What is real on social media?
- "LETTERS TO MY OPPRESSORS"A fold out, alternative fashion publication (poster-zine) that represents perspectives of the 'racial profile' (racial identity) and depicts truthful and authentic narratives that aren't often displayed within the media using: fashion editorials, poetry and illustration to do so. The poster-zine is accessible and interactive, if one of the pages seem desirable then it is encouraged to tear it out and stick to your closest wall to admire. In addition to this, as the zine comes in a sleeve that
+ Show more